Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
- The Adidas X 17.1 SG boasts of a lightweight construction that is meant for footballers who would like to achieve accelerated traction on soft grounds. This is the same goal for all boots in the X model such as the Adidas X 18+ Firm Ground and Adidas X 18+ Trainers.
- The Techfit compression in the upper, particularly in the collar area, produces a form-fitting wrap that brings a natural foot-hugging sensation even during the first wear. It is the same popular technology successfully incorporated into some Adidas sports clothing.
- A micro-textured element in the form of Non Stop Grip dots serves as the boot’s protection from wet conditions. It is also designed to maintain ball friction while on wet, muddy surfaces.
- The mid top football boot sports a single-piece construction that is fastened through a central lace-up closure. This is similar to the inner design of the dual-piece upper of the high-scale model, X 17+.
- The X trademark on the lateral side signals the X heel lining feature for overall foot stability. It is especially needed on muddy grounds that can delay a smooth finishing.
- Players can take advantage of the football boot’s X Sprintframe outsole that is engineered for featherweight sensation and reliable traction on slightly wet to soft surfaces.
Men’s sizes ranging from 6 to 13 are available for the X 17.1 Soft Ground football boot. Its Techfit compression upper offers an elastic fit that can accommodate regular to broad foot width. The length is perceived to be a bit smaller, so it is recommended to go half a size up.
The Sprintframe outsole of the X 17.1 SG is engineered to withstand slightly wet to muddy grounds. With its lightweight property, footballers can move forward with high-speed traction without the worry of delays, especially during build-up plays.
Several chrome-tipped studs are arranged in the forefoot and rear areas of the soleplate to keep the player’s balance. For added stability, shorter studs are placed in the center.
Adidas guarantees players of zero wear-in time with the merger of their two exemplary technologies in this boot; Techfit compression and Knit technology. The combination of these features produces a pliable yet protective sensation that conforms to the shape of the foot.
The Non Stop Grip dots coated on the entire vamp is the boot’s wet control technology that aids in maintaining the quality of the upper. It also doubles as a ball control element. Apart from the micro-textured dots, a perforated printed design is seen all throughout the upper as an aesthetic feature.
What sets it apart from the high-scale X 17+ is its one-piece construction that shows off the lace-up system that is secured through loops. The straightforward boot style is paired up with a contemporary mid top collar cut for an enhanced lockdown on unstable soft grounds.
- The X 17.1 Soft Ground cleat is available in the following color options: Ftwr White/Real Coral/Core Black, Core Black/Utility Black, and Tactile Gold Metallic/Core Black/Solar Red.
- Players can take advantage of the football boot personalization by adding a text of their choice on the lateral sides.
- The chrome coating on the soleplate may wear off after repeated use.