Who should buy the Adidas X 17.1 Soft Ground
This Adidas soccer cleat is a good match for you if:
- You want a shoe with Non-Stop Grip dots for excellent ball control
- You are after a soccer cleat with Sprintframe outsole to withstand slightly wet to muddy grounds
Features of the Adidas X 17.1 Soft Ground
- The Adidas X 17.1 SG boasts of a lightweight construction that is meant for soccerers who would like to achieve accelerated traction on soft grounds. This is the same goal for all cleats in the X model such as the Adidas X 18+ Firm Ground and Adidas X 18+ Trainers.
- The Techfit compression in the upper, particularly in the collar area, produces a form-fitting wrap that brings a natural foot-hugging sensation even during the first wear. It is the same popular technology successfully incorporated into some Adidas sports clothing.
- A micro-textured element in the form of Non Stop Grip dots serves as the cleat’s protection from wet conditions. It is also designed to maintain ball friction while on wet, muddy surfaces.
- The mid top soccer cleat sports a single-piece construction that is fastened through a central lace-up closure. This is similar to the inner design of the dual-piece upper of the high-scale model, X 17+.
- The X trademark on the lateral side signals the X heel lining feature for overall foot stability. It is especially needed on muddy grounds that can delay a smooth finishing.
- Players can take advantage of the soccer cleat’s X Sprintframe outsole that is engineered for featherweight sensation and reliable traction on slightly wet to soft surfaces.
Size and fit
Men’s sizes ranging from 6 to 13 are available for the X 17.1 Soft Ground soccer cleat. Its Techfit compression upper offers an elastic fit that can accommodate regular to broad foot width.
The length is perceived to be a bit smaller, so it is recommended to go half a size up.
The Sprintframe outsole of the X 17.1 SG is engineered to withstand slightly wet to muddy grounds. With its lightweight property, soccerers can move forward with high-speed traction without the worry of delays, especially during build-up plays.
Several chrome-tipped studs are arranged in the forefoot and rear areas of the soleplate to keep the player’s balance. For added stability, shorter studs are placed in the center.
Adidas guarantees players zero wear-in time with the merger of their two exemplary technologies in this cleat; Techfit compression and Knit technology. The combination of these features produces a pliable yet protective sensation that conforms to the shape of the foot.
The Non Stop Grip dots coated on the entire vamp is the cleat’s wet control technology that aids in maintaining the quality of the upper. It also doubles as a ball-control element. Apart from the micro-textured dots, a perforated printed design is seen all throughout the upper as an aesthetic feature.
What sets it apart from the high-scale X 17+ is its one-piece construction that shows off the lace-up system that is secured through loops. The straightforward cleat style is paired up with a contemporary mid-top collar cut for an enhanced lockdown on unstable soft grounds.
- The X 17.1 Soft Ground cleat is available in the following color options: Ftwr White/Real Coral/Core Black, Core Black/Utility Black, and Tactile Gold Metallic/Core Black/Solar Red.
- Players can take advantage of the soccer cleat personalization by adding a text of their choice on the lateral sides.
- The chrome coating on the soleplate may wear off after repeated use.