Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
- Designed for better acceleration, the X 17+ Purespeed SG from Adidas is composed of premium features that are especially tailor-made to soft ground.
- The football boot’s Techfit upper brings an adaptive sensation to the foot that aims to provide zero wear-in time. Both the inner and outer parts of the two-piece upper construction is a combination of this compression material and a synthetic base.
- The Non-stop Grip surface is applied to the outer piece of the upper. These are raised dots engineered to create friction that keeps the ball glued to the soccer boot for better control.
- Similar to its predecessor, the X 16+ Purechaos, the football boot is a mid top Purecut S-curved heel that extends as a sock. Its shape is designed as a support to the ankles.
- The knitted sock in the midfoot area is constructed with laces that are attached to loops, instead of the usual fixed eyelets. The laces are hidden under a lace shell that is seamed to the forefoot area. This setup offers more space for strike zones for distraction-free ball control.
- The X heel lining offers stability to the soccer shoes by keeping the foot in place especially when changing directions.
- The soft ground Sprintframe soleplate is made to offer traction on wet and muddy surfaces. It is composed of a combination of screw-in aluminum and plastic studs that can penetrate the ground in wet conditions. For its updated version such as the Adidas X 18+, a new Speedframe outsole is used, but both outsole types serve the same purpose which is ground acceleration.
The X 17+ Purespeed Soft Ground football boot is offered in standard sizes in men’s version only. True-to-size measurement is the highly recommended fit for the shoe. The Techfit compression upper provides an adaptive snug fit that can be adjusted through the covered lacing system.
The soft ground plate of the Adidas X 17+ Purespeed football is constructed with the lightweight Sprintframe outsole which offers enhanced traction on slightly wet to muddy surfaces.
Four aluminum studs with three plastic studs are arranged in the forefoot. In the heel area, two metal and two plastic studs are evenly arranged to better penetrate the soft ground during brakes.
The metal studs are the screw-in type that can be adjusted depending on the softness of the ground.
On the outside, the X 17+ Purespeed SG upper construction is fashioned to a laceless cut, but internally a lacing system is installed. The laces are covered by an outer synthetic layer while an internal Techfit compression material serves as the Purecut sock forefoot.
The lace straps that are formed as loops allow for a more convenient adjustment of the internal laces.
The football boot is styled with an S-curved heel in a mid-top collar identical to the X 16+ Purechaos. The curved form is purposefully shaped to support the lower leg.
The matte texture in the upper material is built with Non-stop Grip dots. The raised dots are meant to optimize ball control.
A bigger and more prominent X branding is now seen in the medial side while the Adidas stripes and signature brand is on the midfoot lateral side.