Adidas Terrex Swift R3 Mid GTX
Best price from 50 shops
We earn affiliate commissions at no extra cost to you when you buy through us.
33% say it's too large, 67% say it's true to size.
Overview of this review
Updates to the Terrex Swift R3 Mid GTX
As the direct successor to the Terrex Swift R2 Mid GTX, this boot-type R3 variant comes with welcome upgrades. These improvements are as follows:
- A molded heel cup with external reinforcements for additional rearfoot support
- A fuller-yet-flexible shaft for extra ankle security without dumbing down mobility
- More aggressive and spaced apart lugs for better grip and slip resistance on loose soil and muddy terrain
- A thinner outsole bed that promotes responsiveness underfoot
These upgrades, however, come with a couple of trade-offs:
- A roughly 10-dollar price increase from its predecessor’s
- Weightier by a hair compared with the Terrex Swift R2 Mid GTX
Alternatives to the Adidas Terrex Swift R3 Mid GTX
Adidas Terrex Trailmaker Mid GTX
If you want something more affordable and tailor-fitted for fast hikes, the Terrex Trailmaker Mid GTX is a great option. It is significantly lighter than the Terrex Swift R3 Mid GTX (about 100 g less). This hiker, however, is more effective on level ground than on rugged terrain.
Adidas Terrex Free Hiker GTX
Are you looking for an Adidas boot that gives a generous helping of cushioning and rebound? If so, set your sights on the Terrex Free Hiker GTX. Engineered with Adidas’ Boost technology, this bad boy underscores protection underfoot and discourages injuries due to improperly dispersed shock. One caveat: It costs north of $200.