- The Terrex Eastrail GTX is an Adidas hiking shoe engineered to supply outdoor lovers with comfort and performance for their adventures. A Gore-Tex membrane is integrated into its synthetic and mesh fabric upper for water protection.
- Granting users a cushioned and responsive ride is the footgear’s ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) midsole. It also comes with the Adidas Traxion rubber outsole to deliver grip on virtually all types of terrain.
The Adidas Terrex Eastrail Gore-Tex is a below-the-ankle hiking shoe for men and women. Its traditional lace-up closure allows users to personalize the fit. Overlays concentrated at the ankle serve as support.
This trail-specific shoe from Adidas uses a Traxion rubber outsole to render grip on most types of surfaces. The lugs are designed in a way that reduces pressure points. The outsole’s rear section has a pattern designed for added control in downhill conditions. Its front end extends towards the toe box to provide protection from accidental bumps. A flex groove is found in the forefoot area for walking comfort.
The Adidas Terrex Eastrail GTX (men’s and women’s) employs a midsole made of lightweight EVA foam. It is designed to give cushioning and shock absorbency. The midsole is paired with a molded sockliner which grants extra comfort underfoot.
Adidas’ Terrex Eastrail GTX encloses the wearer’s foot using an upper made of mesh fabric and synthetic overlays. Brand designers equipped it with a breathable Gore-Tex Extended Comfort liner to prevent water intrusion. A toe cap is found on the upper’s front end to shield the foot from stubbing. It is combined with a strip of mudguard for extra protection.
The Terrex Eastrail’s lace system employs a series of fabric and round eyelets for fit management. Its tongue and collar are padded to create a comfy in-shoe feel for the user.
- Those looking for a breathable hiking shoe for summer adventures may want to consider the Adidas Terrex Eastrail. It essentially has the same specifications except one: the lack of a dedicated waterproof liner.
- A mid-top version of this waterproof shoe is also offered by Adidas.
- Buyers who need a sturdy pair for multi-day trips may take a look at backpacking boots. Some examples that can be worth checking are the Lowa Renegade GTX Mid and the Salomon Quest 4D 3 GTX.
Both the Terrex Eastrail GTX and the Targhee III Waterproof are low-top shoes designed to empower day hikers as they tackle various outdoor conditions. Shown below are some of the key differences between these two offerings.
Upper. Keen’s Targhee III Waterproof comes with a premium leather upper with a Keen.Dry membrane underneath it. This patented technology is designed to provide water protection while allowing excess heat to escape. It is treated with Cleansport NXT technology to reduce the presence of microbes inside the footgear. This feature makes the Keen offering a more suitable option for those who don’t want their foot to smell during a hike.
On the other hand, the Adidas Terrex Eastrail uses an upper made of mesh fabric and synthetic overlays. These materials allow this hiker to have a shorter break-in period than the Targhee III Waterproof
Midsole. This hiking shoe from Keen features a dual-density EVA molded midsole to give a cushioned ride. Two types of shank - an internal shank and an ESS shank - are integrated into this component for underfoot support. It also makes the Targhee III Waterproof more rigid than the Terrex Eastril GTX, which sports a single-density EVA midsole. Moreover, its metatomical footbed is engineered to render arch support and extra cushioning.
Fit. The Targhee III Waterproof from Keen is built for men and women in a standard or wide version. Meanwhile, the Adidas Terrex Eastrail GTX is only available in a standard variant for male and female hikers.
Price. The Adidas Terrex Eastrail GTX is more affordable than the Keen Targhee III Waterproof.
Weight. The men’s version of the Terrex Eastrail GTX weighs 360g while its women’s variant registers a weight of 305g. Meanwhile, the Keen Targhee III Waterproof for men and women weighs 437g and 357g, respectively. This makes the Adidas offering lighter.