|Base model:||Adidas Terrex AX3|
|Features:||Lightweight | Orthotic friendly|
|Weight:||Men: 15oz | Women: 12.5oz|
|Width:||Men: Normal | Women: Normal|
|Special editions:||1 special editions|
- The Adidas Terrex AX3 Mid GTX is a day hiker crafted to give comfort and protection. This version retains the mesh and synthetic upper. A Gore-Tex membrane lines the shoe to prevent water intrusions.
- Adidas’ designers incorporated an ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) midsole into this footgear to create a cushioned and shock-absorbent ride. The brand also updated the earlier version’s Traxion outsole with one made of Continental rubber to deliver grip on most types of terrain.
This Adidas offering is a mid-top boot for male and female hikers. Its traditional lacing system allows wearers to gain a personalized and secure lockdown. The eyelets run from above the ankle to the forefoot and stop at a point before the toe box. Wearers can expect snugness in the mentioned sections.
The Adidas Terrex AX3 Mid GTX employs a Continental outsole. Its rubberized construction contains a pattern of L-shaped lugs in the center and along its perimeter to render traction over challenging surfaces. The outsole sports both a heel brake and grooves at its rear end for added stopping power when tackling downhill slopes. Its front section also protrudes upwards for stub protection.
The Adidas Terrex AX3 Mid GTX’s mid-top upper is made of mesh fabric and synthetic overlays. It is lined with a Gore-Tex Extended Comfort membrane which offers waterproofness and optimal breathability in warm weather. The upper’s front section is equipped with a robust toe cap which shields users from accidental knocks. A mudguard that’s connected to a pair of eyelets is found in the forefoot area for additional protection.
Its conventional closure system is made up of round laces and combination eyelets. These components help wearers manage the AX3 Mid GTX’s fit. The footgear’s interior is lined with fabric to create a comfy in-shoe feel. A pull tab is found on the collar’s back for easy on and off.
- Buyers who prefer hiking shoes may want to consider the Adidas AX3. It is a lightweight and breathable hiker designed for warm environments.
- The outsole uses a rubber found in tires. Adidas and Continental worked together to create this unit.
- Outdoor enthusiasts who require a durable pair for a multi-day trip might want to check backpacking boots out. Some options that can be explored are the Lowa Camino GTX and Salomon Quest 4D 3 GTX.