|Base model:||Adidas Swift Run|
|Material:||EVA, Rubber Sole|
|Colorways:||Beige, Black, Blue, Grey, Pink, Purple, White|
|Special editions:||1 special editions|
Experts are sneaker fanatics, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
The Adidas Swift Run Primeknit is a casual shoe available in both men’s and women’s sizing. The sneaker functions like a slip-on kick when putting it on, but a traditional lace-up system is provided to offer an adjustable fit to keep feet snug and comfortable. Flat laces are provided.
The Adidas Swift Run Primeknit's tonal construction from top to bottom is every minimalist and modern sneaker enthusiast's favorite. It exudes a sleek and stylish look that makes it easy to pair with any casual style, while its modern silhouette and construction keep at par with today's trendy aesthetic. The shoe's multi-color yarn embroidery on the vamp and heel could add subtly stylish detail to any outfit.
Men’s Styling Tips
The men could pair it with shorts, jeans, or joggers for a casual-cool ensemble or go with a dressier button-down polo shirt and chino pants for a more stylish look. Those who love to look trendy and stay comfortable at the same time can try matching these sneakers with sweatpants and a cozy sweatshirt accessorized with a cap and a chain necklace.
Women’s styling tips
Creating women's outfits with the Adidas Swift Run Primeknit casual shoes seem endless. Apart from the usual pants and top and shorts and tops combinations, the ladies can dress their kicks with different lengths of skirts and a sporty top for a touch of femininity in their look, while opting for dresses in whatever length could provide an effortless and comfortable ensemble.
The Adidas Swift Run’s upper is crafted from the brand’s Primeknit technology that provides a sock-like fit, which adds to the shoe’s flexible, lightweight, and breathable comfort. The pair features a textile lining and Ortholite insole to help wick away moisture, promote airflow, prevent odor, and provide in-step comfort and cushioning.
The shoe also features the brand’s signature multi-color yarn embroidery and contrasting stitch accents on the toe box for added style purposes. It also features an extended rear midsole design that adds a unique accent to the shoe’s overall aesthetic and is reported to provide enhanced stability.
In an effort to continually provide newer and more innovative Adidas models, the brand has been incessant in releasing new designs since its founding in 1949. The Adidas Swift Run Primeknit is one of the brand's newest silhouettes to add to their vast array of minimalist sports footwear. First introduced in July 2017 under the Adidas Originals category, the shoe is inspired by 80s running shoe and made from the company's most innovative materials to date.
The shoe utilizes today's trendy, light, and breathable upper, which Adidas calls the Primeknit. The Primeknit method weaves the shoe's entire upper digitally and in one piece. It utilizes fused yarn which allows the ability to fine-tune the material's flexibility, stability, and support in specific parts where most needed.
The development of the Primeknit started in 2010 when several Adidas employees paid a visit to Frankfurt's Tech Textile Fair in Germany. There they spotted a glove knitted with fused yarn, which sparked a light bulb moment and led to the development of this technology now known as the Primeknit.
The different colorways of the Adidas Swift Run Primeknit are hi-res red/cloud white/core black, grey/cloud white, core black/grey/medium grey heather, cloud white/grey/medium grey heather, trace purple, beige/core black/footwear white, black/gum, triple white, and clear aqua/cloud white/core black, and black.
Adidas Swift Run Primeknit’s Immediate Predecessor and their Differences
Dubbed as the Adidas Swift Run, the Primeknit's predecessor was released in the same year and displayed the same retro running-inspired aesthetic. However, the two sneakers have a few dissimilarities such as the material utilized and construction.
The Adidas Swift Run features a knit upper but not the engineered version, and it has a more structured construction, while the Swift Run Primeknit is crafted from the brand's Primeknit technology – specially engineered to provide support despite its thin construct. Its upper is also designed as a single piece that offers a snug sock-like fit.
- The Adidas Originals Swift Run Primeknit in tonal black and tonal white colorways are produced specifically for men while the Adidas Originals Swift Run Primeknit sneakers in baby pink and mint green colorways are for the ladies.
- The shoe's insoles are removable.
- The core black colorway features the multi-colored yarn throughout the shoe while the rest of the other colorway's yarn has a monochromatic hue.
- Adidas also offered the shoe in a pack called the Adidas Swift Run Primeknit Multicolor Pack. The pack includes two colorways: the tonal black and the tonal white.
- Some call this sneaker the Adidas Swift Run PK (Primeknit).
- Some also consider the Adidas Swift Run Primeknit as a slip-on shoe because of how it is put on.
- Its lace eyelets display a zig-zag pattern which offers a unique look and provides a more efficient way of tightening the shoe's Primeknit upper.
- The sneaker's tongue and collar appear to be higher than the rest of the collar to secure feet in place and act as pull-tabs for easier on and off as well.
- The Adidas Trefoil logo is placed on the shoe's tongue patch, while the brand's iconic Three Stripe logo can be seen on both sides of the shoe knitted into the shoe's upper.