Extremely popular sneakers because of their price range, versatility when it comes to style, and freedom of movement. Almost everyone is guaranteed to have low-top sneakers in their shoe rotation.
Mid-top sneakers extend toward the ankle for a little more support and hold. These lie somewhere in the middle between low-top and high-top sneakers in terms of usage and popularity.
Sneakers with collars that go above the ankles for optimal hold and support are some of the most sought-after models in lifestyle shoes. Most of these shoes take their roots from basketball and have easily or fashionably crossed to mainstream wear.
Good to know
Regardless of cut, it's always good to start with sneakers that can be worn for the daily grind, also called as "beaters" by some, as these are usually cheaper, easy to clean, and still gives that lifestyle "edge" before going for those wallet-thinning models.
Sneakers dominantly take their heritage from running, basketball, skate, tennis, training, hiking, and football. Still retaining a few of their performance-based technologies, these sneakers have transcended their respective niches and have successfully and popularly transformed themselves as staples of fashion footwear.
Sneakers designed for a laidback, "cool" vibe that is built for lifestyle wear right from the get-go.
Good to know
Brands are now blending elements of performance and casual appeal in basically every sneaker. One can hardly go wrong with a sports-inspired sneaker or a simple casual shoe.
Good to know
Shoes sharing the same inspiration, history, materials, or technologies are routinely assembled under one compilation for the convenience of those who may wish to categorize or label their own collection as such. The classic collections like the Adidas Originals, Air Max 1, Air Force 1, new balance classic sneakers, and the Classic Leather head the pack of frequently asked about collections.
Experts are sneaker fanatics, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
Adidas Superstar Boost History
Headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany, Adidas was founded by Adolf Dassler in 1949 when he had a fall out with his brother, Rudolf Dassler, who established Puma. The word Adidas is the portmanteau of the owner’s name which is “Adi” and “Dassler.” Eventually, they became business rival. Today, Adidas is the biggest sportswear manufacturer in Europe, and next to Nike, it was the second largest company in the world. It designs and manufactures clothing, accessories, and shoes.
For over 65 years, the brand Adidas has never failed to impress its loyal supporters with their promising creations. Among its most-coveted silhouettes is the Superstar. This shoe, notably, is also considered as the most influential.
Originally built to keep up with the intense game of basketball in the year 1969, this trainer became famous for its durable rubber shell toe. NBA players’ go-to basketball trainer, later on, became a street fashion trend with the help of Run DMC, a distinguished hip-hop group in the 1980s.
Since then, this vintage sneaker has never gone out of style. In fact, the Superstar is even admired by modern-day’s youth. As proof of its popularity, a wide array of versions has been released, the Superstar Boost included.
Adidas Superstar vs Adidas Superstar Boost
The Superstar Boost by Adidas, which was introduced globally on February 9, 2017, looked very identical with the original. However, Adidas, proud of its recent invention, made sure that wearers are able to see the Boost technology tucked inside the cupsole. Found on the shoe's undersole is a small opening that reveals the tech. The midsole's medial arch does the same.
The Adidas Superstar Boost for men is available in different colorways including Cloud White/Core Black/Cloud White, Core Black/Ftw White/Gold Metallic, Core Black/Core Black/Gold Metallic and DGH Solid Grey/Mid Grey/Mid Grey. Released also on February 9, 2017, the Adidas Superstar Boost in women’s sizing is available in eye-catching colorways including Metallic Bronze/White and Metallic Silver/White.
Adidas Superstar Boost Style
Jazz up your style with the Adidas Superstar Boost. Whether you’re bold, fun-loving or straightforward, there’s a colorway available to match your unique personality and style. Regardless of color scheme, this sneaker goes well with both sporty and casual clothing. This includes leggings, jeans, and joggers.
To top it off, this shoe, equipped with the Boost technology, promises to remain comfortable all day long. Thereby, making it a dependable everyday footwear.
Below are some of the suggested ways to style the Adidas Superstar Boost as a celebrity does:
- Like Kylie Jenner, ladies can elevate their Adidas Superstar Boost sneakers with a formfitting dress.
- Ladies, like Gigi Hadid, can match their Adidas Superstar shoes with two-tone leggings and a simple turtleneck shirt, resulting in a glam yet sporty look.
- Girls can take it from the New Zealand songstress Lorde to stylishly wear their Adidas Originals Superstar Boost sneakers. They can pair them with a black plunging blouse and red and black checkered pants.
- Like Emma Roberts, an ultimate laidback look can be achieved with these sneakers from Adidas with ripped jeans along with an oversized sweatshirt.
- A pair of Adidas Superstar Boost sneakers also looks perfect with an all-black outfit like Dakota Fanning did. This shoe can stylishly match with your black leggings and an oversized black coat.
- These retro-styled kicks work well with skinny jeans along with a chic tan trench. The same outfit that Emma Stone wore when she was spotted walking through the airport.
- Another laidback yet stylish look by Gigi Hadid when she paired her Adidas Superstars with lace-up pants and a black turtleneck shirt and a black coat.
- Ladies can cuff their skinny jeans and pair it with a leather jacket to create an edgy twist like what Kristen Stewart did.
- Rock your Superstar with Boost like Rita Ora did when she wore it with a two-piece set clothing, providing a feminine look with a sporty vibe.
- Like Katie Holmes, ladies can sophisticatedly wear these low-tops with a satin and lace dress. It can work both as casual and formal wear.
- Men can wear their Adidas Superstar Boost in black and match it with dark jeans or joggers along with a white cardigan or grey hoodie for a laidback yet stylish look.
- For a contrasting and sophisticated outfit, skinny jeans with an above-ankle cut and these Boost-infused sneakers can up your style points a notch with ease.
- These Adidas Superstar shoes can also be worn during mildly formal gatherings. Men can simply pair them with black and above-ankle cut pants and a plain V-neck shirt under a black coat.
- For a typical swag look, rock these Adidas Originals with distressed denim jeans and a white shirt.
- Attain the office look with this modernized version of the classic fast by merely wearing this sneaker with cuffed slim jeans and a classic short sleeve shirt under a black coat.
Fit & Sizing
Expect this basketball-inspired casual sneaker, built with a full leather upper, to provide sufficient support. Its low-cut construction also promises unimpeded ankle movement. Generally running true to size, this shoe is offered in men’s sizes 4-14. Women’s sizes are also available.
Famed for its durable rubber shell-toe cap, the Superstar Boost’s upper is crafted with premium leather for added durability. This rendition is also noticed for the Boost tech revealed on the shoe’s medial arch as well as the die-cut window on its outsole. This gives the shoe better cushioning and responsiveness.
- Air holes are added in-between the three stripes found on the lateral and medial side of the shoe for improved breathability.
- Some colorways are equipped with a non-removable felt-like footbed with holes that reveal the Boost technology. Other color schemes feature metallic-gold Ortholite insoles that wick away moisture and reduce the shoe’s odor. This technology also provides long-lasting cushioning.
- Similar to the original model, the Adidas Superstar Boost also has a rubber cupsole with a herringbone traction pattern for enhanced grip.
- Option to customize the shoe is available.
- Traditional lace-up closure with flat laces helps achieve optimal fit.
- Adidas branding can be found on the tongue and heel.
- Another iteration of the Adidas Originals Superstar Boost is available in Primeknit upper. Among its colorways are Easy Coral/Easy Coral/Cloud White and Ftw White/Core Black/Off White.
- A version of the Superstar that combines the Boost tech with Primeknit is also up for grabs. This iteration is called the Primeknit Superstar Boost.