The Superstar 80s Primeknit, with its silhouette rooted from a basketball shoe, promises to provide adequate support despite its soft and flexible upper. The sneaker is offered in men and women’s sizes.
Expect to receive lots of compliments from friends, family as well as strangers when you wear this recognizable sneaker. The Adidas Originals Superstar 80s Primeknit’s unusual yet modern and attractive upper made it possible for people to get noticed without the need to look glitzy and loud.
In addition, the breathable and adaptive sock-like upper on this low-top shoe gives the wearer all-day comfort, thereby making it a perfect option for everyday wear. This sneaker goes well with a variety of casual clothing which includes jeans, shorts, sweatpants, and skirts.
Aside from the shoe’s stunning Primeknit upper which features Adidas’ three stripes embedded on the sides, loyal followers of the brand would instinctively notice the sneaker for its familiar rubber shell toe cap.
The Superstar 80s Primeknit is also recognized for its stitched-on rubber outsole. The herringbone pattern on the outsole gives the shoes its improved traction.
Originally created as a basketball trainer in 1969, the Superstar became a street fashion trend in 1986 when the then popular hip-hop group Run DMC released their song entitled “my Adidas.” Since then, this shell-toed classic has been introduced in various versions. Collaborations were also released to pay homage to this well-liked vintage shoe.
Recently, however, this well-known silhouette was revived with a single-piece Primeknit upper. Shortly after, the Superstar 80s Primeknit became one of the most sought-after summer shoes, admired for its unique and laid back look.
It is notable that this iteration is only among the many recent versions recently released by the brand. Other models introduced include the Superstar 80s Decon and Superstar Boost.
- The sneaker’s Ortholite insoles wick away moisture, thereby reducing the shoe’s odor. This technology also provides the shoe with long-lasting cushioning.
- The shoe’s collar is padded for added comfort.
- Other distinguishable features are the Superstar 80s Primeknit’s leather lining, which adds an elegant look to the sneaker as well as the old school trefoil logo found on the tongue of the shoe.
- For the Womens Originals, three versions have been introduced. The earliest version had a white upper with white stripes and a solar pink heel tab. Another model featured semi flash orange stripes and a heel tab on a white upper speckled with burgundy flecks.
- The recent version’s upper was also white with gray flecks and a black heel tab and stripes. This one is customizable, allowing consumers to personalize the kicks with an uptick in the price.
- A multicolored edition was also released in 3 colorways namely black, gray and white. All 3 versions had rainbow colored flecks scattered all over the shoe’s upper. This came in men’s sizing, however, the design is great for both genders.