Shoes best for road, track and light gravel. See the best road shoes.
Shoes best for trail, off road, mountains and other unstable surfaces. See the best trail shoes.
Good to know
As long as you stick to the road or path, and if you want just one running shoe, buy a road running shoe.
Neutral / cushion / high arch
Shoes for runners who does not need any additional arch support (Around 50% of runners). Best for people with high or medium high arches. See the best neutral shoes.
Stability / overpronation / normal arch
Shoes for runners who needs arch support (Around 45% of runners). Best for runners with a normal arch. See the best stability shoes.
Motion control / severe overproanation / flat feet
Shoes for runners who needs a lot of arch support. Best for runners with flat feet. See the best motion control shoes.
Good to know
Cushioned shoes for your daily easy running. Great comfort. See best shoes for daily running.
Lightweight shoes good for races, interval training, tempo runs and fartlek. Here are the best competition running shoes.
Good to know
If you want just one pair of shoes, buy a shoe for daily running.
The height difference from the heel to the forefoot, also known as heel drop, toe spring, heel to toe spring or simply drop.
There are many opinions about what a good heel drop is. We do not recommend any in particular. Lean more in this video.
Experts are sneaker fanatics, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
0 / 100 based on 0 expert reviews
These are visual presentations, not reviews
Adidas Superstar 80s Primeknit History
Originally created as a basketball trainer in 1969, the Superstar became a street fashion trend in 1986 when the then popular hip-hop group Run DMC released their song entitled “my Adidas”. Since then, this shell-toed classic has been introduced in various versions. Collaborations were also released to pay homage to this well-liked vintage shoe.
Recently, however, this well-known silhouette was revived with a single-piece Primeknit upper. Shortly after, the Superstar 80s Primeknit became one of the most sought-after summer shoes, admired for its unique and laid back look.
It is notable that this iteration is only among the many recent versions recently released by the brand. Other models introduced include the Superstar 80s Decon and Superstar Boost.
Adidas Superstar 80s Primeknit Style
Expect to receive lots of compliments from friends, family as well as strangers when you wear this recognizable sneaker. The Adidas Superstar 80s Primeknit’s unusual yet modern and attractive upper made it possible for people to get noticed without the need to look glitzy and loud.
In addition, the breathable and adaptive sock-like upper on this low-top shoe gives the wearer all day comfort, thereby making it a perfect option for everyday wear. This sneaker goes well with a variety of casual clothing which includes jeans, shorts, sweatpants and skirts.
Fit & Sizing
The Superstar 80s Primeknit, with its silhouette rooted from a basketball shoe, promises to provide adequate support despite its soft and flexible upper.
The sneaker generally runs true to its size. Men’s models are offered in sizes 4-14 while women’s versions are available in sizes 5-11.
Aside from the shoe’s stunning Primeknit upper which features Adidas’ three stripes embedded on the sides, loyal followers of the brand would instinctively notice the sneaker for its familiar rubber shell toe cap.
The Superstar 80s Primeknit is also recognized for its stitched-on rubber outsole. The herringbone pattern on the outsole gives the shoes its improved traction.
- The sneaker’s ortholite insoles wick away moisture, thereby reducing the shoe’s odor. This technology also provides the shoe with long-lasting cushioning.
- The shoe’s collar is padded for added comfort.
- Other distinguishable features are the Superstar 80s Primeknit’s leather lining, which adds an elegant look to the sneaker as well as the old school trefoil logo found on the tongue of the shoe.
- For the Womens Originals, three versions have been introduced. The earliest version had a white upper with white stripes and a solar pink heel tab. Another model featured semi flash orange stripes and a heel tab on a white upper speckled with burgundy flecks.
- The recent version’s upper was also white with gray flecks and a black heel tab and stripes. This one is customizable, allowing consumers to personalize the kicks with an uptick in the price.
- A multicolored edition was also released in 3 colorways namely black, gray and white. All 3 versions had rainbow colored flecks scattered all over the shoe’s upper. This came in men’s sizing, however, the design is great for both genders.