Extremely popular sneakers because of their price range, versatility when it comes to style, and freedom of movement. Almost everyone is guaranteed to have low-top sneakers in their shoe rotation.
Mid-top sneakers extend toward the ankle for a little more support and hold. These lie somewhere in the middle between low-top and high-top sneakers in terms of usage and popularity.
Sneakers with collars that go above the ankles for optimal hold and support are some of the most sought-after models in lifestyle shoes. Most of these shoes take their roots from basketball and have easily or fashionably crossed to mainstream wear.
Good to know
Regardless of cut, it's always good to start with sneakers that can be worn for the daily grind, also called as "beaters" by some, as these are usually cheaper, easy to clean, and still gives that lifestyle "edge" before going for those wallet-thinning models.
Sneakers dominantly take their heritage from running, basketball, skate, tennis, training, hiking, and football. Still retaining a few of their performance-based technologies, these sneakers have transcended their respective niches and have successfully and popularly transformed themselves as staples of fashion footwear.
Sneakers designed for a laidback, "cool" vibe that is built for lifestyle wear right from the get-go.
Good to know
Brands are now blending elements of performance and casual appeal in basically every sneaker. One can hardly go wrong with a sports-inspired sneaker or a simple casual shoe.
Good to know
Shoes sharing the same inspiration, history, materials, or technologies are routinely assembled under one compilation for the convenience of those who may wish to categorize or label their own collection as such. The classic collections like the Adidas Originals, Air Max 1, Air Force 1, new balance classic sneakers, and the Classic Leather head the pack of frequently asked about collections.
Experts are sneaker fanatics, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
Fit & Sizing
The Superstar 80s Primeknit, with its silhouette rooted from a basketball shoe, promises to provide adequate support despite its soft and flexible upper.
The sneaker generally runs true to its size. Men’s models are offered in sizes 4-14 while women’s versions are available in sizes 5-11.
Adidas Superstar 80s Primeknit Style
Expect to receive lots of compliments from friends, family as well as strangers when you wear this recognizable sneaker. The Adidas Originals Superstar 80s Primeknit’s unusual yet modern and attractive upper made it possible for people to get noticed without the need to look glitzy and loud.
In addition, the breathable and adaptive sock-like upper on this low-top shoe gives the wearer all-day comfort, thereby making it a perfect option for everyday wear. This sneaker goes well with a variety of casual clothing which includes jeans, shorts, sweatpants, and skirts.
Aside from the shoe’s stunning Primeknit upper which features Adidas’ three stripes embedded on the sides, loyal followers of the brand would instinctively notice the sneaker for its familiar rubber shell toe cap.
The Superstar 80s Primeknit is also recognized for its stitched-on rubber outsole. The herringbone pattern on the outsole gives the shoes its improved traction.
Adidas Superstar 80s Primeknit History
Originally created as a basketball trainer in 1969, the Superstar became a street fashion trend in 1986 when the then popular hip-hop group Run DMC released their song entitled “my Adidas.” Since then, this shell-toed classic has been introduced in various versions. Collaborations were also released to pay homage to this well-liked vintage shoe.
Recently, however, this well-known silhouette was revived with a single-piece Primeknit upper. Shortly after, the Superstar 80s Primeknit became one of the most sought-after summer shoes, admired for its unique and laid back look.
It is notable that this iteration is only among the many recent versions recently released by the brand. Other models introduced include the Superstar 80s Decon and Superstar Boost.
- The sneaker’s Ortholite insoles wick away moisture, thereby reducing the shoe’s odor. This technology also provides the shoe with long-lasting cushioning.
- The shoe’s collar is padded for added comfort.
- Other distinguishable features are the Superstar 80s Primeknit’s leather lining, which adds an elegant look to the sneaker as well as the old school trefoil logo found on the tongue of the shoe.
- For the Womens Originals, three versions have been introduced. The earliest version had a white upper with white stripes and a solar pink heel tab. Another model featured semi flash orange stripes and a heel tab on a white upper speckled with burgundy flecks.
- The recent version’s upper was also white with gray flecks and a black heel tab and stripes. This one is customizable, allowing consumers to personalize the kicks with an uptick in the price.
- A multicolored edition was also released in 3 colorways namely black, gray and white. All 3 versions had rainbow colored flecks scattered all over the shoe’s upper. This came in men’s sizing, however, the design is great for both genders.