Neutral / cushion / high arch
Shoes for runners who do not need any additional arch support (Around 50% of runners). Best for people with normal, high or medium high arches. See the best neutral shoes.
Stability / overpronation / normal arch
Shoes for runners who need mild to moderate arch support (Around 45% of runners). Best for runners with a low arch. See the best stability shoes.
Motion control / severe overpronation / flat feet
Shoes for runners who needs a lot of arch support. Best for runners with flat feet. See the best motion control shoes.
Good to know
Cushioned shoes for your daily easy running. Great comfort. See best shoes for daily running.
Lightweight shoes good for races, interval training, tempo runs and fartlek. Here are the best competition running shoes.
Good to know
If you want just one pair of shoes, buy a shoe for daily running.
WeightMen: 10.9ozWomen: 9.2oz
Heel to toe dropMen: 10mmWomen: 10mm
The height difference from the heel to the forefoot, also known as heel drop, toe spring, heel to toe spring or simply drop.
There are many opinions about what a good heel drop is. We do not recommend any in particular. Lean more in this video.
WidthMen: NormalWomen: Normal
Experts are runners, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
86 / 100 based on 8 expert reviews
The Sequence is not a running shoe which is going to blow you away by being spectacular in any one area.
Due to the narrower upper, I initially didn't want to like this shoe. However, the Sequence Boost has grown on me.
The Continental rubber sole will ensure no slips during wet conditions and hundreds of K’s of strong performance before any significant breakdown.
It’s a medium-volume shoe with moderate arch support and a super-resilient midsole foam that’s locked down with an internal support frame.
- The Adidas Supernova Sequence Boost 7 is a stability running shoe that’s made for runners who want to experience a stable ride when they’re doing their daily runs. It features technologies and systems that all work together to bring a cohesive package for the wearer. Its quality is reliable and it makes sure to bring exceptional performance to those who choose it as their running companion.
- The upper unit of this Adidas running shoe makes use of a mesh material that is able to acclimate to the foot-type that is wearing it. Essentially, it doesn’t feel restrictive or stiff. It’s movable, pliable and breathable. It keeps the interior environment cool and dry for the foot because of its open construction. Stitched-on overlays secure the sides of the foot, as well as the heel.
- Two layers make up the mid-sole unit of the Supernova Sequence Boost 7. The top layer is made out of Ethylene vinyl acetate, an industry standard foam that’s efficient when it comes to delivering support and cushioning to the foot. It is able to attenuate shock and carry the weight of the body without succumbing to breakage. The boost™ technology gives energy to the runner, enabling them to lift off the ground with more efficacy and power.
- Stability is also afforded to the wearer. Those who have trouble when it comes to the pronation of their feet won’t stay troubled because there’s sufficient mid-foot support in this model. Even the stride is guided to achieve smoothness and balance because of the presence of a mid-foot shank.
- Continental™ Rubber is one of the most durable outsole technologies on the market. It is capable of shielding the rest of the sole unit from the potentially harmful effects of surface contact and continued use. It is also the one responsible for the traction the runner gets during each running session.
The Adidas Supernova Sequence Boost 7 has a standard running shoe length. The sizes that are available follow regular measurements. The width of this shoe is medium, so it is able to allow those with medium sized feet to acclimate well to it. Its semi-curved shape adheres to the natural shape of the human foot.
The Continental™ Rubber is one of the most dependable compounds for running shoes. Constructed to deliver sure protection and traction, it delivers sound service and purpose. Surface friction and road abrasion won’t do any harm to the sole unit because it’s aptly durable. Control over the asphalt is also received because it holds onto the ground well. This reliable outsole material is also used in the shoe's updated version, the Supernova Sequence Boost 9.
The mid-sole unit of the Supernova Sequence Boost 7 features an EVA Stable Frame that runs its entire length. It’s made to assist the stride and support the foot, especially as it transitions from the heel to the toe.
Similar to the popular Adidas Ultra Boost, the Supernova Sequence Boost 7 uses the Boost™ technology which is made up of tiny TPU pellets that have been combined to make a single unit. Its job is to deliver high quality cushioning that works to attenuate shock and carry the weight of the runner. It also gives energy back to the runner, making them enabled and propelled to take the next step with power.
The TORSION® SYSTEM is a mid-foot mechanism that guides the runner in achieving a balanced gait. It makes each heel-to-toe transition as natural and smooth as possible. It also maintains the structural integrity of the mid-sole.
Balance is given to the runner via medial and lateral support sections. Foot pronation becomes stable, thus preventing discomfort or injury when running.
The upper unit uses engineered mesh, which is a material that is able to adapt to the shape of the foot that is wearing it. Essentially, it doesn’t make the coverage feel tight or unwieldy. It even allows air to circulate, keeping the foot cool and dry at all times.
A mid-foot sock-like fit makes the interior feel smooth and non-irritating. It basically lets runners wear the Adidas Supernova Sequence Boost 7 even without actual socks.