Extremely popular sneakers because of their price range, versatility when it comes to style, and freedom of movement. Almost everyone is guaranteed to have low-top sneakers in their shoe rotation.
Mid-top sneakers extend toward the ankle for a little more support and hold. These lie somewhere in the middle between low-top and high-top sneakers in terms of usage and popularity.
Sneakers with collars that go above the ankles for optimal hold and support are some of the most sought-after models in lifestyle shoes. Most of these shoes take their roots from basketball and have easily or fashionably crossed to mainstream wear.
Good to know
Regardless of cut, it's always good to start with sneakers that can be worn for the daily grind, also called as "beaters" by some, as these are usually cheaper, easy to clean, and still gives that lifestyle "edge" before going for those wallet-thinning models.
Sneakers dominantly take their heritage from running, basketball, skate, tennis, training, hiking, and football. Still retaining a few of their performance-based technologies, these sneakers have transcended their respective niches and have successfully and popularly transformed themselves as staples of fashion footwear.
Sneakers designed for a laidback, "cool" vibe that is built for lifestyle wear right from the get-go.
Good to know
Brands are now blending elements of performance and casual appeal in basically every sneaker. One can hardly go wrong with a sports-inspired sneaker or a simple casual shoe.
Good to know
Shoes sharing the same inspiration, history, materials, or technologies are routinely assembled under one compilation for the convenience of those who may wish to categorize or label their own collection as such. The classic collections like the Adidas Originals, Air Max 1, Air Force 1, new balance classic sneakers, and the Classic Leather head the pack of frequently asked about collections.
Experts are sneaker fanatics, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
Adidas Stan Smith Boost Primeknit History
Headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany, Adidas was founded by Adolf Dassler in 1949 after he had a fall out with his brother, Rudolf Dassler, who established Puma. The word Adidas is the portmanteau of the owner’s name which is “Adi” and “Dassler.” Eventually, they became business rivals. Today, Adidas is the biggest sportswear manufacturer in Europe, and next to Nike, it was the second largest company in the world. It designs and manufactures clothing, accessories, and shoes.
The Adidas Stan Smith is one of the Adidas brand’s most iconic silhouettes and is the brand’s best-selling shoe. Since its first release back in 1964, the silhouette has witnessed various collaborative versions. Throughout time, many iterations were also made on the shoe.
In 2015, the Adidas Stan Smith Primeknit was released by Adidas. In this variation of the classic Stan Smith, the brand ditched the leather upper and used their Primeknit material instead. This iteration of the shoe is more lightweight and breathable, making most people have the shoe as a necessity during the warm weather.
By early 2017, Adidas made a new iteration on the Stan Smith and used another of their innovative technology. Adidas took a major gamble when they upgraded the classic silhouette of Stan Smith. The brand applied their famous Boost technology on the shoe’s midsole providing wearers a cloud-like feeling for their foot. On top features a leather upper the classic Stan Smith has always been known for. This model was appropriately dubbed as the Adidas Stan Smith Boost.
Not long after, Adidas released another variation for the Stan Smith. This time, the brand used both the Primeknit and the Boost technology on the iconic Stan Smith silhouette. This is the first time all three were combined altogether.
The Adidas Stan Smith with Primeknit and Boost (aptly called the Adidas Stan Smith Boost Primeknit) gave a new modern look to the classic silhouette. Replacing the traditional leather construction for the Primeknit upper and Boost technology for the midsole, it provides a more comfortable as well as more breathable and super lightweight feeling.
The shoe comes in the signature white colorway. The contrasting green and navy detailing on the heel and the tongue of the shoe complement the design. The brand also released the shoe in the black colorway.
Adidas Stan Smith Boost Primeknit Style
A combination of classic and modern style is what the Adidas Stan Smith Boost Primeknit represents. This shoe also showcases versatility as it can go perfectly with a variety of appropriate outfit choices. It can be a good pick for a semi-formal look for some occasions. The shoe works perfectly with a street style look and also a great opportunity if one opts for a more casual appeal.
Among the suggested ways to style the Adidas Originals Stan Smith Boost Primeknit shoes are:
- The Adidas Stan Smith Boost Primeknit sneaker can stylishly match a black crew-neck t-shirt and a khaki suede bomber jacket with slim fit jeans.
- A slim fit cardigan in heather charcoal and button-down collared dress shirt and tapered jeans can work well with these kicks.
- The combination of cuffed distressed denim jeans, a black and stripe shirt, and a black cotton jacket or jersey can work well with the Adidas Stan Smith Boost Primeknit sneakers, proving a casual yet stylish look during a cold day.
- A pair of these low tops in black or white can simply match distressed denim jeans and a plain or graphic shirt, perfect for a casual occasion on a hot day.
- A perfect contrasting outfit but oozing with sophistication is the result when men wear a black plain turtleneck shirt with long sleeves and black cuffed skinny jeans and match them with the Adidas Stan Smith Boost Primeknit sneakers.
- The Stan Smith Boost Primeknit of Adidas Originals can work well with long skirts and a shirt and a leather jacket.
- A long casual striped dress with an optional leather jacket can stylish match the Adidas Stan Smith Boost PK.
- Ladies can stylishly rock these tennis-inspired shoes with cuffed skinny jeans and a white shirt. An optional oversized coat could be worn as well for an added style.
- For a street style and sophisticated look, wearers can match their Adidas Originals Stan Smith Boost Primeknit shoes with a grey mohair sweater, and grey distressed denim jeans.
Fit & Sizing
With the Primeknit material used on the upper of the Adidas Stan Smith Boost Primeknit, the shoe hugs the foot in comfortable and adaptive support. The shoe may be more accommodating to those with narrow feet than those with wide ones. It is offered in men’s sizing, but women can purchase the shoe by reducing 1.5 from their usual sizing to get the appropriate fit in men's sizing.
The Boost technology and the Primeknit upper being combined with the iconic Stan Smith silhouette is what most of the buyers of the Adidas Stan Smith Boost Primeknit really loved about the shoe. They gushed about how the shoe is even more comfortable to wear and really breathable on foot. They also love how lightweight the shoe is. Of course, the classic yet stylish look of the shoe didn’t fail on getting quite some attention from buyers.
- The official retail price of the Adidas Stan Smith Boost Primeknit depends on its colorway.
- A leather lining can be observed on the shoe.
- Flat laces are provided.
- The shoe is made with a rubber cupsole.