Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
93 / 100 based on 14 expert reviews
The Samba Classic is the best-value indoor shoe on the market. In terms of bang for your buck, it’s tough to beat even at the $60 asking price. Right out of the box, the shoe is pretty comfortable. There is some stiffness to the leather upper, but that is expected from all-leather shoes. It takes some time to break in. It has arch support in the midfoot area.
It fits true to size and very comfortable. The outsole provides good traction.
The suction cups on the outsole provide good traction. The insole has a very high arch. It takes 8-9 hours to break in into these shoes.
Just first thoughts about the shoe, it's really nice-looking and really nice quality.
Features of the Adidas Samba Classic
- When it comes to the construction of the Adidas Samba Classic boot, it is composed of features that are built to last. Starting with the upper, Adidas utilized a synthetic leather with a premium quality at par with its natural counterpart. This material can feel quite stiff from out of the box, but becomes very soft once broken in.
- The forefoot and the toe box area are covered with a thick suede material. This is to avoid abrasion as well as to provide protection for the foot.
- The football boot also features a tongue and a central lacing system for adjustability. An additional lace hole near the shoe opening is installed to provide a more secure fit.
- The non-removable insoles are made from die-cut Ethylene Vinyl Acetate (EVA) to ensure comfort. An arch support foam has been integrated into the said cushioning.
- To provide ideal grip on indoor surfaces, the outsole is made from gum rubber. It has a non-marking feature which is ideal for indoor courts.
Fit and sizing
The Adidas Samba Classic has a narrow but comfortable fit after the break in period. Just like natural leather, it molds to the wearer's foot for adaptive support. This soccer cleat is available in men’s sizes 6.5 to 13. For women looking to order a pair, it is ideal to go 1.5 sizes down.
A gum rubber outsole has been utilized for this football boot. This material provides a good amount of grip even in dusty indoor courts. Although, the material used is quite heavy, this cleat makes up for its durability.
The Adidas Samba Classic football boot features a synthetic leather upper for durability. The material takes a while to break in but once it is, the upper becomes very soft and comfortable.
Several areas like the forefoot and the midfoot are covered with a suede material which serves as protection from abrasions. The layers of suede and synthetic leather ensure enhanced touch without the feel of excessive padding.
Special Colorways of the Adidas Samba Classic
- Adidas Original Samba Gum Pack
Consisting of two colorways, the Gum pack is composed of a White and Black colorway. The white colorway includes a white and gum-gold metallic color scheme. The black football boot model includes a black and gum-gold metallic color palette. As expected from this color pack, the pair features a gum rubber outsole with suede overlays.
- Adidas Samba ‘Rose’
Made for women who are shoe aficionados, the Adidas Samba Rose features a design in which the Adidas Samba Classic shoe is known for, but with a few updates. This model, however, sports a unique silhouette and combines it with a white leather material. The leather provides a soft feel for players. The colorway includes a Cloud White/ Core Black colorway.
- This football boot is available in black and white colorways.
- Part of Adidas' offering is to include a personalized text printed on the Adidas Samba Classic upper for a premium on the price.