Experts are soccer players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
93 / 100 based on 12 expert reviews
The Samba Classic is the best-value indoor shoe on the market. In terms of bang for your buck, it’s tough to beat even at the $60 asking price. Right out of the box, the shoe is pretty comfortable. There is some stiffness to the leather upper, but that is expected from all-leather shoes. It takes some time to break in. It has arch support in the midfoot area.
It fits true to size and very comfortable. The outsole provides good traction.
The suction cups on the outsole provide good traction. The insole has a very high arch. It takes 8-9 hours to break in into these shoes.
Just first thoughts about the shoe, it's really nice-looking and really nice quality.
It's a very simple classic shoe.
The Adidas Samba cleats require no special treatment, nor do they ask for any. They’re just a good solid shoe for the recreational soccer player or the seasoned player of indoor soccer.
- When it comes to the construction of the Adidas Samba Classic cleat, it has been built to last. Starting with the upper, Adidas made use of a full grain synthetic material. This material can feel quite stiff from out of the box but becomes very soft once broken in.
- Additionally, the forefoot and the toe box are covered with a thick suede material. This is to avoid abrasion as well as to provide protection for the foot.
- The soccer cleat also features a tongue and a central lacing system for adjustability and to create the best fit possible. An additional lace hole is present to provide a more secure fit.
- The insoles are non-removable and are made from die-cut Ethylene Vinyl Acetate (EVA) to ensure comfort. An arch support foam has been integrated into the insole, as well.
- To provide a good grip on indoor surfaces, the outsole is made from gum rubber. It has a non-marking feature which is ideal for indoor courts.
The Adidas Samba Classic has a narrow but comfortable fit after break-in. This is a lace-up model, and a similar central lacing system is also found on the Adidas Mundial Goal and the Adidas Nemeziz 18.1 FG shoe.
The Adidas Samba Classic soccer cleat features a synthetic leather upper for durability. The material takes a while to break in but once it is, the upper becomes very soft and comfortable.
Several areas like the forefoot and the midfoot are covered with a suede material which serves as protection from abrasions. Even though some materials in the upper overlap, the touch and feel for the ball is consistent and does not feel overly padded.
A gum rubber outsole has been utilized by this soccer cleat. This material provides a good amount of grip even in dusty indoor courts. Although the material used is quite heavy, this cleat makes up for its durability.
Adidas Original Samba Gum Pack
Consisting of two colorways, the Gum pack is composed of a White and Black colorway. The white colorway includes a white and gum-gold metallic color scheme. The black soccer cleat model includes a black and gum-gold metallic color palette. As expected from this color pack, the pair features a gum rubber outsole with suede overlays.
Adidas Samba ‘Rose’
Made for women who are shoe aficionados, the Adidas Samba Rose features a design in which the Adidas Samba Classic shoe is known for, but with a few updates. This model, however, sports a unique silhouette and combines it with a white leather material. The leather provides a soft feel for players. The colorway includes a Cloud White/ Core Black colorway.
- This soccer shoe is available in black and white colorways.
- Part of Adidas’ offerings is to have a personalized script for the Adidas Samba Classic for a premium on the price