Best price from 54 shops
We earn affiliate commissions at no extra cost to you when you buy through us.
25% say it's too small, 75% say it's true to size.
Overview of this review
Adidas Puig: A skate-ready, Samba-esque kick
Rookies and pro skaters are in for a treat with the Adidas Puig, the third upgrade to Lucas Puig’s skate line. This shoe demonstrates French skater Puig’s maturity and mastery of the sport with attributes that are almost synonymous with perfection. Just like the popular Busenitz, Adidas Puig drew its design from the football-oriented Adidas Samba that's spun with high-end French fashion and skate-specific elements.
What did it get right?
- Its suede cover is thicker than most Adidas skate shoes.
- Its tapered front allows users to improve on their kickflips
- A thin layer of cushioning at the front that thickens on the heel offers comfort and improved maneuverability
- The midfoot area keeps the foot in place
- The multi-tread pattern allows users to stick to the board
- Its thickly built rubber sole is resilient to griptape abuse
- As part of the brand's sustainable efforts, some variations come with uppers using recycled content.
- The laces are partly hidden, preventing them from getting frayed soon.
- Its reinforced suede cover replaces the rip-prone mesh material used in the Lucas Premiere.