Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
CollectionAdidas Tango, Adidas Predator
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
- A Primeknit and Controlskin combo neatly tie support, comfort, and control for the Adidas Predator Tango 19+ Turf soccer cleat. The Primeknit creates a snug, sock-like fit that also provides support. It is created by digitally knitting a fused yarn that results into a single piece. This affords the wearer a lightweight feel throughout a seamless upper sans the excess waste.
- The Controlskin element, on the other hand, utilizes an embossing in the forefoot area to drive ball control and touch.
- The upper also features the bold Adidas Three Stripes logo which is placed at the medial side of the shoe while the Predator logo is placed across the heel area.
- Another innovation evident in this soccer cleat model is the Adidas Purecut laceless sock. This feature allows for a larger strike zone by getting rid of the lacing system.
- The Three Stripes’ Boost technology covers cushioning. Not only does the system ensure comfort, but it also creates a more responsive feel by maximizing energy return. All this while absorbing shock and minimizing the occurrence of injury. This material is created out of Thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) which is a common feature among soccer boots.
- The stud configuration of the pair is designed for enhancing rotation, stability, and grip in turf courts. Peppered across the soleplate are pentagon-shaped studs for traction.
A combination of Primeknit and Controlskin makes for the upper of the Adidas Predator 19+ Turf football boot. The knit-based material in the upper envelops the player’s foot, bringing a comfortable and supportive sock-like fit. It is available in men’s standard sizes ranging from sizes 6.5 to 13.5.
The upper of the Adidas Predator Tango 19+ Turf soccer shoe wraps the player’s foot through a combination of Primeknit and Controlskin. The Primeknit element creates a second-skin like feel and support for the wearer. It is created by digitally knitting the upper into a seamless, one-piece element.
The Controlskin, on the other hand, is mostly found in the vamp area. It makes use of an embossing feature which ensures ball control for every shot made.
The Purecut laceless sock technology from the Three Stripes allows for a cleaner strike zone. This element also aids better ball control while minimizing distractions.
Similar to its predecessor, the Adidas Predator Tango 18+, the Adidas Predator Tango 19+ uses the Adidas’ Boost technology. It is a well-known material for its responsive cushioning. Created out of TPU capsules, these are then heated, expanded and merged to form into a singular piece. The material is designed to bounce back immediately after pressure while absorbing shock and maximizing energy return.
The outsole of the Adidas Predator Tango 19+ Turf football boot is specifically designed for rotation and grip without losing stability. It has closely spaced pentagon-shaped studs that are dotted across the area.
- The Adidas Predator Tango 19+ Turf soccer shoe is available in several colorways including Active red/Solar red/Core black and Bold blue/Silver metallic/Football blue.
- This football boot model is part of the Adidas Initiator pack. This collection also includes other Adidas silos, namely: the Adidas Copa, Adidas X, Adidas Nemeziz and the Adidas Nemeziz Messi.