Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
CollectionAdidas Tango, Adidas Predator
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
Features of the Adidas Predator Tango 18.3 Trainers
- The Predator line is known for its legendary firm ground cleats, but the collection also consists of competitive indoor and trainer silos. The Predator Tango 18.3 TR is one of the street soccer shoes in the lineup that boasts promising features for a low-tier level.
- The trainers double as casual wear through its sleek design dominated by its mesh-like textile upper. The material is built with a stretchable property that enhances the sock-like sensation.
- Designed with a ribbed high-top collar, the Predator Tango 18.3 TR mimics its firm ground variation’s lower leg support but in an off-pitch surface. The symmetrical laces further aid to amplify lockdown in a customizable way.
- EVA (Ethylene Vinyl Acetate) is the boot’s midsole technology known for its lightweight quality which is perfect for speed and agility drills.
- The heel is built with a moulded construction to adapt to foot movements naturally.
Fit and sizing
The Predator Tango 18.3 TR is available in men’s edition only, ranging from sizes 6.5 to 13.5. The symmetrical lacing system aids in securing a locked-in sensation with the reinforcement of the stretchable sock-like upper material. It is important to note that the high top collar needs a bit more time to break in. Due to this, the first few slip-ons might not give a comfortable stretch. It runs true to size.
The base of the Predator 18.3 TR is built with a rubber material that produces unmatched grip on flat and street surfaces. The structure of the outsole mimics some of the Adidas casual shoes, making this trainer boots a great option for sneakerheads too.
Among the Predator 18.3 boots, the trainer version is the only one with the EVA midsole technology. The lightweight material produces instinctive movements particularly ideal for street surfaces.
The trainer variation of the Predator Tango 18.3 offers a pliable and next-to-skin feel through its textile sock-like upper. The sensation it offers is not as structured as its turf and indoor counterparts to make it suitable for off-pitch movements.
The mesh-like fabric is seamlessly attached to the collar to produce a one-piece construction. The high top collar is constructed with a ribbed design to showcase a stretchable fit, especially when putting the boots on. The same collar texture is seen in its firm ground variation.
The laces are positioned in the center to offer reinforcement to the already snug sensation coming from the sock collar. In this way, wearers will be provided with a tailored fit adjustment.
- Core Black-Black, Core Black-Running White-Infrared and Running White-Black are the available color options for the Adidas Predator Tango 18.3 TR.
- The football boot can be personalized by adding any text of your choice for a minimal fee. There is an option to have the text printed on both left and right shoes.
- Another variation of this model is the high-tier model Adidas Predator 19.1 Trainers.
- Firm ground variations of this model include the Adidas Predator 18.3 FG and the Adidas Predator 18+ Firm Ground.