Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
CollectionAdidas Tango, Adidas Predator
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
Features of the Adidas Predator Tango 18+ Turf
- The Adidas Predator Tango 18+ Turf features Boost as its primary comfort technology. Distinct to this version, the Boost technology is incorporated as a midsole cushioning that guarantees springy feedback. It is scientifically proven to provide great ease for the lower leg. The same Boost technology is seen in the heels of the previous Predator turf such as the Predator Precision. With the Predator Tango 18+ Turf, the springy foam extends to the toe area which gives every stride a complete and improved energy-returning sensation.
- Another comfort element that amplifies the glove-fitting sensation is the Knit upper. The technology provides an all-around snug fit that anatomically conforms to shape of the foot. The method of fused yarns creates stable yet flexible support to the upper.
- Engineered for short bladed synthetic grass, the outsole configuration of the turf boot aids in both rotational and aggressive traction movements. It is made up of multiple diamond cleats densely arranged to achieve the maximum traction on abrasive grounds.
- The trendy Sockfit collar is the stretchy sock extension that gives aesthetic character to the football cleat. When stretched, the collar reveals a hidden color that serves as the boot’s attraction point. On top of its appealing form, the collar extends with the Purecut laceless sock forefoot that adds up to the lockdown, leaving a stable sensation from the lower leg to the forefoot.
- The Control Skin layer protects the boot in wet and dry conditions while maintaining the ball friction.
- The heel features a molded construction that is ergonomically shaped to optimize lockdown.
Fit and sizing
Adidas offers the turf boot in men’s version only for standard sizes. It is recommended by the majority to go for a half size larger to get the perfect fit. For a laceless boot, both the Knit upper and Sockfit collar wrap the foot with stretchable support and secure lockdown.
The multiple diamond cleats make up the outsole configuration of the Adidas Predator Tango 18+ Turf. Stability is provided with the small geometric studs that are spread biomechanically. The densely arranged cleats are targeted to improve quick turns and change of directions in a turf ground.
The Adidas Boost innovation serves as the midsole cushioning. The revolutionary material made of bonded foam pellets are built for its powerful energy absorption. The mechanism of Boost works like a spring that rebounds the same energy that the foot exerts. In this way, the foot will never have to be strained out for pushing too much energy in every stride.
The Adidas Predator Tango 18+ Turf features a combination of upper materials designed with optimized stretchability.
The Knit upper, for one, is an elastic fused yarn material that is built for comfort and breathability. The material covers the boot dominantly from the toe to the heel area, except for the upper midfoot where the collar is installed.
On the forefoot, the textured geometric lines are the main design highlights. On the medial side, the textured lines flow through, while the Adidas stripes are featured on the lateral sides.
The elastic Sockfit collar covers the upper from the lower leg to the central area of the forefoot. Where you would typically see a central lacing system, a laceless sock forefoot is installed, giving the boot adaptive support.
The full upper is protected by a thin layer of Control Skin known to keep the ball friction in wet and dry conditions.
Solid lock-in is intended with the heel engineered through a molded construction.
- The turf version of the Adidas Predator Tango 18+ weighs 314 grams.
- The turf boot is available in Core Black-Running White-Infrared colorways.