Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
CollectionAdidas Tango, Adidas Predator
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
- Common to almost all Adidas Tango shoes, the Predator Tango 18+ Indoor wears an upper that is almost identical to its turf counterpart. The indoor cleat is wrapped with the signature PrimeKnit material of Adidas that is engineered for adaptive support and responsive touch.
- Accuracy in shots is aided by the Controlskin layer coated on the upper. It is a responsive film that improves the friction between the ball and the foot.
- At the center of the laceless design is a stretchable Sockfit collar that extends as a Purecut sock forefoot. The trendy forefoot style is another element to secure distraction-free strikes.
- The Boost technology is integrated into the boot’s anatomy as a midsole cushioning. Usually seen in Adidas sneakers collection, the innovation is now becoming prevalent in their football boots. It is intended to provide springy energy-boosting feedback in every stride, especially helpful in long runs, quick turns and passes.
- The sneaker-style white outsole is designed to enhance traction on flat indoor surfaces through its plate grooves. It features a black Y-shaped bar similar to the Controlframe seen in the firm ground variations, that is intended to promote stability in acceleration.
The Predator Tango 18+ is designed with a laceless system attached to a Knit upper that offers a form-fitting sensation. The sock collar allows for a stretchability that can accommodate players with regular foot width. However, it is important to note that majority of the wide-footed has gone for half to one size up to achieve the best fit. The indoor boot is available in standard sizes in men’s version only.
The unique outsole aesthetics of the Predator Tango 18+ IN allows for enhanced traction on indoor surfaces through the multiple grooves laid out in a stylish pattern. In the middle of the sole is a prominent Y-shaped bar signature to the Predator series which is a patent for an outsole made for stability.
The Boost technology is the shoe’s midsole cushion known for its energy-returning properties. This is made possible with the bonded foam pellets that absorb energy efficiently to lessen the strain in every stride.
Similar to its firm ground variation, the high-end Predator Tango 18+ IN features a premium quality Knit that aims for a heel-to-toe adaptive fit. The knitted upper is layered with the Controlskin film that enhances ball control, in addition to the textured ridges in the strike zones.
The Purecut sock forefoot design functions as a supportive lock-in element to the laceless structure through its elastic form-fitting nature. It is seamlessly attached to the knitted upper to form a one-piece construction.
The heel is engineered through molded construction that easily conforms to the foot’s natural movements.
- The Adidas Predator Tango 18+ IN is available in the following colorway options: Running White-Black and Core Black-Running White-Infrared.
- This football boot has a trainers edition in the form of the Adidas Predator 18+ Trainers and Adidas Predator 19.1 Trainers.
- Firm ground variations of this model include Adidas Predator 18+ Firm Ground and Adidas Predator 18.1 Firm Ground.