Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Features of the Adidas Predator 18.3 Soft Ground
- Unlike the high-end versions in the series, the Predator 18.3 Soft Ground uses a different material for its upper. Instead of the Primeknit used by the Predator 18+ Firm Ground and the Predator 18.1 Firm Ground, the football boot sports a mesh-based synthetic material designed to offer softness and comfort that closely matches that of the premium knit.
- The upper also features Control embossing, which employs added texture on its surface. This technology works to improve ball touch for better ball handling. All boots in the series also utilize this added detail on the upper.
- The football boot adapts a collared design for improved fit and stability. For its collar, the cleat uses a sock-like material that offers a good amount of stretch and fits snugly around the ankle. This design allows for a second-skin feel as well as a steady run on the playing field.
- The base of the football boot features a TPU outsole. It also makes use of the brand’s Total Control stud alignment, which combines screw-in and molded studs for improved traction on the soft ground.
Fit and sizing
The Adidas Predator 18.3 Soft Ground offers quite a snug fit on the feet owing to its soft, synthetic upper. The sock-like material used on the collar fits like a second-skin, further enhancing the fit. Built with a standard lace-up closure, players get to adjust the tightness of this football boot to their preference.This model is available in the standard sizes for men. It has a medium width and fits true to size.
The outsole of the football boot uses TPU material that is quite flexible and durable. Engineered with a stud pattern that combines molded and screw-in studs, it amplifies rotation and traction on soft natural ground surfaces. It also improves stability
The Adidas Predator 18.3 Soft Ground wears an upper made of mesh-based synthetic. Although the material is of lesser quality than the Primeknit used by the high-end models, it still performs impressively on the pitch. It offers a comfortable and sock-like fit that allows players to move instinctively during intense moments of the game.
The upper also utilizes an added texturing detail called Control embossing. This feature helps improve ball feel for a better handling experience.
- This football boot is also available in a firm ground version, the Adidas Predator 18.3 FG.