Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Features of the Adidas Predator 18.1 Soft Ground
- The long-awaited comeback of the Adidas Predator line has finally arrived with a more modern take on its boot lineup. Taking a closer look at the Predator 18.1 Soft Ground boot, it sports a Controlskin upper which aids in keeping optimal control of the ball. Featuring ridges, this material maintains boot friction even in wet conditions.
- Primeknit is used in the construction of the base of the boot all the way to its Sockfit collar. Adapting to the contours of the foot, this material is flexible, lightweight and provides adequate support for the foot.
- Adding to this football boot’s customizability in terms of fit, a central lacing system is placed in the upper.
- A fully removable standard insole is integrated into the shoe. It is a foam-based material with a synthetic suede liner.
- The soft ground version of the Adidas Predator 18.1 outsole has been made with Controlframe technology. This injection-moulded outsole aids movement stability and the hybrid studs featured boost traction and rotation.
- This soft ground model has been developed specifically for soft ground courts, and its stud configuration includes aluminum and TPU studs. To optimize traction and quick turns, hybrid stud tips are used.
Fit and sizing
The Adidas Predator 18.1 SG football boot has a comfortable, sock-like fit. It is essential to properly break in the pair to create the best possible fit. The central lacing system incorporated into the cleat aids in creating a more personalized fit for the shoe. It is available in men’s sizes; ranging from sizes 6 to 13. The consensus is that the boot is true to size.
The outsole used for the Adidas Predator 18.1 Soft Ground boot is created from an injection-moulded Controlframe. Designed for stability during quick play, the stud configuration consists of aluminum and TPU-based studs. Fixed hybrid stud tips are also utilized for maximum traction and rotation.
The soleplate is specifically designed to adapt to soft ground courts.
The Adidas Predator 18.1 Soft Ground cleat sports a Controlskin upper that helps maintain boot control in both dry and wet conditions. This lightweight upper helps create overall support to the foot but retains its flexibility.
A Sockfit collar is also integrated into this boot. Made from a Primeknit material, it creates a sock-like feel and provides adaptive support. Because of its flexibility, the entrance of foot into the shoe is made easier.
The foam-based insole used in this model is lined with a synthetic suede liner. It is fully removable. The central lacing which is incorporated into the upper gives way to a more adjustable and personalized fit.
Special Colorways of the Adidas Predator 18.1 Soft Ground
- Deadly Strike Pack
Bathed in blue and green, this pack brings a menacing look on the pitch. The top tier model, Predator 18+, will be sported by the likes of Dele Alli, Mesut Ozil, and Paul Pogba. Sporting a laceless construction, the top tier model’s upper is primarily colored in blue and the detailing, including the three stripes logo, in mint green. The overall effect brings a contrasting but cohesive look to the pair.
- Nite Crawler Pack
Another look for the Adidas Predator 18 collection is the Nite Crawler pack. As implied by the name, the pair represents a dark aesthetic using different hues of Black. The Adidas Predator 18+ integrates a Core Black and Real Black colorway embodying the word stealth.
- Cold Blooded Pack
The Cold-blooded pack flaunts the colors of a traditional cleat rearranges it into a refreshingly modern and laceless look. The Adidas Predator 18+, in particular, has an upper that is predominantly colored in white. The high top collar sports a bold red hue. With all this, the three stripes logo still manages to stand out with a straightforward black coloration.
- The Adidas Predator 18.1 Soft Ground football boot is featured in two colorways including the classic black/ white/ core black/ real coral.
- The boot is lightweight at 8.3 ounces in a size 9US.