- The long-awaited comeback of the Adidas Predator line has finally arrived with a more modern take on its cleat lineup. Taking a closer look at the Predator 18.1 Soft Ground cleat, it sports a Controlskin upper which aids in keeping optimal control of the ball. Featuring ridges, this material maintains cleat friction even in wet conditions.
- Keeping up with the rise of knit in soccer cleats, Primeknit is used in the construction of the base of the cleat all the way to its Sockfit collar. Adapting to the contours of the foot, this material is flexible, lightweight and provides adequate support for the foot.
- Adding to this soccer cleat’s customizability in terms of fit, a central lacing system is placed in the upper.
- A fully removable standard insole is integrated into the shoe. It is a foam-based material with a synthetic suede liner.
- The soft ground version of the Adidas Predator 18.1 outsole has been made with Controlframe technology. This injection-moulded outsole aids movement stability and the hybrid studs featured boost traction and rotation.
- This soft ground model has been developed specifically for soft ground courts, and its stud configuration includes aluminum and TPU studs. To optimize traction and quick turns, hybrid stud tips are used.
The Adidas Predator 18.1 SG soccer cleat has a comfortable, sock-like fit. It is essential to properly break in the pair to create the best possible fit. The central lacing system which can also be found in this model’s firm ground version is incorporated into the cleat aids in creating a more personalized fit for the shoe.
It is available in men’s sizes; ranging from sizes 6 to 13. The consensus is that the cleat is true to size.
The Adidas Predator 18.1 Soft Ground cleat sports a Controlskin upper that helps maintain cleat control in both dry and wet conditions. This lightweight upper helps create overall support to the foot but retains its flexibility.
A Sockfit collar is also integrated into this cleat. Made from a Primeknit material, it creates a sock-like feel and provides adaptive support. Because of its flexibility, the entrance of foot into the shoe is made easier.
The foam-based insole used in this model is lined with a synthetic suede liner. It is fully removable.
The central lacing which is incorporated into the upper gives way to a more adjustable and personalized fit.
The outsole used for the Adidas Predator 18.1 Soft Ground cleat is created from an injection-moulded Controlframe. As the model is a soft ground soccer cleat, it is designed for stability during quick play, the stud configuration consists of aluminum and TPU-based studs. Fixed hybrid stud tips are also utilized for maximum traction and rotation. The soleplate is specifically designed to adapt to soft ground courts.
- The Adidas Predator 18.1 Soft Ground soccer cleat is featured in two colorways including the classic black/ white/ core black/ real coral.
- The cleat is lightweight at 8.3oz in a size 9US.