Shoes best for road, track and light gravel. See the best road shoes.
Shoes best for trail, off road, mountains and other unstable surfaces. See the best trail shoes.
Good to know
As long as you stick to the road or path, and if you want just one running shoe, buy a road running shoe.
Neutral / cushion / high arch
Shoes for runners who does not need any additional arch support (Around 50% of runners). Best for people with high or medium high arches. See the best neutral shoes.
Stability / overpronation / normal arch
Shoes for runners who needs arch support (Around 45% of runners). Best for runners with a normal arch. See the best stability shoes.
Motion control / severe overproanation / flat feet
Shoes for runners who needs a lot of arch support. Best for runners with flat feet. See the best motion control shoes.
Good to know
Cushioned shoes for your daily easy running. Great comfort. See best shoes for daily running.
Lightweight shoes good for races, interval training, tempo runs and fartlek. Here are the best competition running shoes.
Good to know
If you want just one pair of shoes, buy a shoe for daily running.
The height difference from the heel to the forefoot, also known as heel drop, toe spring, heel to toe spring or simply drop.
There are many opinions about what a good heel drop is. We do not recommend any in particular. Lean more in this video.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
95 / 100 based on 2 expert reviews
95 / 100 by Soccer Reviews For You • Josh • Level 5 expert
To sum up the Predator 18.1, I do think they are very good. While comparing this to the line that it replaces, the Ace line specifically the 17 generation - this is better than the Purecontrol and this is far better than the 17.. And regarding to the current generation, this is better than the Purecontrol.
95 / 100 by The Instep • Hunter York • Level 3 expert
What you are getting with the latest Pred is one of the top boots in the game. It may not be like the Preds of old, but it is a truly unique experience that will rival any boot on the market today.
Features of the Adidas Predator 18.1 Firm Ground
- Each technology featured in the Adidas Predator 18.1 Firm Ground boot has been chosen by the brand for a reason. With optimal control as the end goal, the brand has created the Predator 18.1.
- Starting with the upper, Controlskin is used in its construction. This technology provides ball control, flexibility, and support while remaining lightweight. To reinforce control, an NSG (Non-Stop Grip) has also been incorporated.
- Moreover, a Primeknit sock which extends to the ankle provides ample foot support while adding to the boot's comfort. It also facilitates easy foot entry while slipping on the pair.
- For stability during fast play, an injection-molded Controlframe is used in the soleplate. The stud configuration features Hybrid stud tips which optimize rotation and grip.
- Although the football boot made do without the tongue, it still contains a central lacing system that ensures foot lockdown and customizes fit.
Fit and sizing
The Adidas Predator 18.1 FG boot brings with it a comfortable, sock-like fit. Additionally, a central lacing system is present for a more personalized fit. The football boot is available in men’s sizes, ranging from 7 to 10.5. The football boot fits true to size.
The Controlframe technology is the boot's outsole technology. This type of construction creates stability during fast play. Aiding rotation as well as grip, Hybrid studs are featured. It is designed for maximum performance on firm ground surfaces. A built-in heel counter is also present to reinforce lockdown.
The upper of the Adidas Predator 18.1 Firm Ground features the Controlskin technology. Giving a thicker feel than a traditional Primeknit upper, it ensures optimal boot control and has a soft, and comfortable feel. Primeknit is featured in the boot’s collar which also extends to the toes. While adding comfort, it also provides foot support.
An additional control element comes in the form of Non-Stop Grip on top of the knitted upper.
- The Adidas Predator 18.1 Firm Ground shoe is available in two colorways including Core Black/ Running White / Infrared and Trace Olive/ Black/ Light Orange.