Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
95 / 100 based on 2 expert reviews
To sum up the Predator 18.1, I do think they are very good. While comparing this to the line that it replaces, the Ace line specifically the 17 generation - this is better than the Purecontrol and this is far better than the 17.. And regarding to the current generation, this is better than the Purecontrol.
What you are getting with the latest Pred is one of the top boots in the game. It may not be like the Preds of old, but it is a truly unique experience that will rival any boot on the market today.
Features of the Adidas Predator 18.1 Firm Ground
- Each technology featured in the Adidas Predator 18.1 Firm Ground boot has been chosen by the brand for a reason. With optimal control as the end goal, the brand has created the Predator 18.1.
- Starting with the upper, Controlskin is used in its construction. This technology provides ball control, flexibility, and support while remaining lightweight. To reinforce control, an NSG (Non-Stop Grip) has also been incorporated.
- Moreover, a Primeknit sock which extends to the ankle provides ample foot support while adding to the boot's comfort. It also facilitates easy foot entry while slipping on the pair.
- For stability during fast play, an injection-molded Controlframe is used in the soleplate. The stud configuration features Hybrid stud tips which optimize rotation and grip.
- Although the football boot made do without the tongue, it still contains a central lacing system that ensures foot lockdown and customizes fit.
Fit and sizing
The Adidas Predator 18.1 FG boot brings with it a comfortable, sock-like fit. Additionally, a central lacing system is present for a more personalized fit. The football boot is available in men’s sizes, ranging from 7 to 10.5. The football boot fits true to size.
The Controlframe technology is the boot's outsole technology. This type of construction creates stability during fast play. Aiding rotation as well as grip, Hybrid studs are featured. It is designed for maximum performance on firm ground surfaces. A built-in heel counter is also present to reinforce lockdown.
The upper of the Adidas Predator 18.1 Firm Ground features the Controlskin technology. Giving a thicker feel than a traditional Primeknit upper, it ensures optimal boot control and has a soft, and comfortable feel. Primeknit is featured in the boot’s collar which also extends to the toes. While adding comfort, it also provides foot support.
An additional control element comes in the form of Non-Stop Grip on top of the knitted uppers of these firm ground soccer cleats.
- The Adidas Predator 18.1 Firm Ground shoe is available in two colorways including Core Black/Running White/Infrared and Trace Olive/Black/Light Orange.