Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
- The well-known collection not only lived up to the hype but has delivered a modern twist on the classic line. Taking a look at the model created for artificial grass, it sports a Controlskin upper with a Sockfit collar made out a Primeknit material.
- The Controlskin allows for optimal boot control regardless of the weather conditions. Spanning from the base of the shoe up until the Sockfit collar is Primeknit material. Lightweight, flexible and with the ability to adapt to the contours of the foot, it is designed to provide adequate support for its wearer.
- A central lacing can also be found on the upper of the Adidas Predator 18.1 AG which adds to fit customizability. Other Predator models with this feature are the 18.1 FG and 19.1 FG versions of the silo. Additionally, a fully removable foam-based insole topped with a suede liner has been incorporated into the football boot.
- The Control frame outsole ensures grip and control in artificial grass courts. The outsole is made out of a TPU-based material which adapts to high speeds on the pitch. The Total Control stud configuration features triangular studs that aid better turns and provide boot stability.
The Adidas Predator 18.1 Artificial Ground football boot has a comfortable, sock-like fit. It is available in men’s standard sizes. The boot is true to size and has a central lacing system to further customize the boot’s fit.
The upper of the Adidas Predator 18.1 AG football cleat is incorporated with a layer of Controlskin. This material allows for optimum boot control even under wet conditions. This flexible and lightweight film creates support for the foot.
The Primeknit material, which makes up the Sockfit collar, creates a sock-like fit to the shoe while providing adaptive support. This knit-based technology is lightweight. A central lacing system allows for a more customized fit.
A standard foam-based insole is placed in the boot. This fully removable insole is topped with a synthetic suede liner.
As part of the Predator line, the outsole technology used for the Adidas Predator 18.1 AG boot is the Controlframe. Designed for better control especially while dribbling, the material is made out of TPU designed to provide traction for artificial grass courts.
The Total Control stud configuration features triangle shaped studs designed for stability and better turns in long-pile synthetic grass surface.
- The Adidas Predator 18.1 AG is available in the Core Black/ White/ Red colorway.