Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Features of the Adidas Predator 18+ Soft Ground
- The Predator 18+ Soft Ground utilizes high-quality Primeknit material on its upper. The knit is lightweight and responsive, aiding a close touch of the ball for better ball control. The Primeknit also extends to the collar, allowing a secure fit that contours to the natural shape of the foot.
- This football boot highlights a laceless design that does away with the standard internal tongue. Instead, it employs the Purecut sock system that removes unnecessary bulk for a better feel on the ball. It also features the ControlSkin technology on its vamp that maintains consistent responsiveness no matter the weather condition.
- Adidas has fitted this cleat with their Boost Cushioning that increases energy return with each stride. For added stability, support zones are also integrated into the lateral and medial sides of the boot.
- The base features the Controlframe outsole that integrates polyamide-injected layers for enhanced performance. Traction is supplied by a unique combination of molded hybrid studs and removable aluminum studs. This arrangement enables players to make turns and cuts without difficulty.
Fit and sizing
The Primeknit construction of the Adidas Predator 18+ Soft Ground, which is also used on Adidas Predator 19+ Firm Ground, ensures a snug, non-restricting wrap around the foot for a more natural movement. Meanwhile, the Boost cushioning gives wearers a more comfortable experience. Similar to its firm ground version, it is perceived by the majority to provide true-to-size measurements. This football boot comes in the standard men’s sizes and has a medium width.
The Controlframe outsole installed in the football boots works to provide high-speed stability on soft ground surfaces. This Predator model also features a unique stud configuration that combines non-detachable studs with hybrid tips and removable aluminum cleats. With this stud pattern, players can run across the pitch and execute plays with higher proficiency.
For its upper, the soft ground version of the Predator 18+ uses flexible and lightweight Primeknit that extends to the ankle collar. This allows for a secure fit as well as a close feel of the ball that enhances ball manipulation. Moreover, the ControlSkin vamp improves ball grip in all weather conditions.
- This football boot weighs 8.4 oz.
- A firm ground version is also available, the Adidas Predator 18+ Firm Ground.