Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
CollectionAdidas Predator, Paul Pogba Collection
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
92 / 100 based on 3 expert reviews
It has an incredibly clean striking surface where there’s nothing in the way between your foot and the ball. It has a soft touch and good texturing because of the 3d ridges. The only thing i’m missing from the predator is the lockdown but otherwise it’s a very comfortable boot.
With the subtle colorways, I love it. The combination of the gray and burgundy hits home.
Great colorway. It is super comfortable when you put them on and there’s nothing restrictive about the upper. The elastic part across the top of the foot will stretch as you run around. The Boost insole just feels like a regular insole with no significant amount of extra cushioning.
Features of the Adidas Paul Pogba Predator 18+ Firm Ground
- The Adidas Paul Pogba Predator 18+ Firm Ground headlines the Special Edition Paul Pogba Season 3 collection. The Adidas Predator silo was designed to provide footballers the best possible control and touch on the ball.
- The upper of this football boot features a Purecut laceless system. It eliminates any distraction for the laces, thereby providing a clean striking zone.
- Its Primeknit upper is engineered to adapt to the shape and movement of the foot. It provides an adaptive fit and sock-like fit.
- A new technology called the Forged Knit is integrated into the midfoot of this football boot. It provides zonal areas for medial and lateral support and stability.
- Another revolutionary tech found on the Adidas Paul Pogba Predator 18+ Firm Ground is the Boost cushioning found on both the insole and soleplate. It improves energy return when the foot strikes the surface.
- The ControlFrame soleplate with the hybrid stud configuration offers excellent traction on firm grounds (FG).
Fit and sizing
The Adidas Paul Pogba Predator 18+ Firm Ground is available in men’s version only. It comes in sizes 6.5 to 13. With the absence of laces, expect a tighter fit from this football boot, but the Primeknit upper can mold to the shape of the foot as you wear them in. It is recommended to get one size bigger if you have slightly wide feet.
The Adidas Paul Pogba Predator 18+ Firm Ground uses the injection-molded ControlFrame soleplate. This highly advanced plate enhanced mobility and agility. It comes with an external heel counter and a bridge stabilizer.
Its FG/AG stud configuration features cleats that have traction ridges for stability and balance when running, dribbling, and turning. These studs also provide excellent traction on firm ground and 3G artificial grass surfaces.
The Adidas Paul Pogba Predator 18+ Firm Ground upper features the Sockfit construction using Primeknit. With its anatomical fit, the high-end knitted material adapts to the movement of the foot and provides a dynamic, sock-like fit.
An exposed Primeknit makes up the collar of this football boot. It hugs the ankle snugly and provides the necessary lockdown when playing. The collar also acts as a pull tab to help the player get on the shoe with ease.
The surface of the upper is coated with a layer of ControlSKin. It acts as the shoe’s weather control element, giving it a consistent touch and grip on the ball rain or shine.
Raised areas on the forefoot of the Adidas Paul Pogba Predator 18+ Firm Ground, called the Predator Element, allow it to create more friction against the ball. It is made of two layers of foam inside the vamp.
A fresh entry to the football scene is the Forged Knit integrated around the midfoot. It produces areas of zonal patterns that offer lateral and medial stability and support.
The anatomic curve in the heel creates a secure it and offers excellent lockdown.
The overall design of the Adidas PP Predator 18+ FG is inspired by Paul Pogba’s favorite Predator model when he was a kid. The upper features a graphic print in two shades of grey. Its deep burgundy collar has the iconic PP logo in the heel. Another PP logo is found at the tip of the collar. The Adidas Three Stripes logo is placed on the outstep.
For the insole, this football boot uses the revolutionary Boost cushioning technology. It is made up of small beads that are bonded together. It allows a powerful yet comfortable push-off by increasing energy return.
- The Adidas Paul Pogba Predator 18+ Firm Ground weighs 8.4 ounces.
- It was released in April 2018.
- The Adidas Predator 18 silo is headlined by Paul Pogba, Dele Alli, and Mesut Ozil.
- The Boost technology is present in the insole and outsole of this football boot.
- The chrome finish on the soleplate wears off with long-term wear.
- This football boot is available in regular FG versions: Adidas Predator 18+ FG and Adidas Predator 19+ Firm Ground.
- It has trainer versions too: Adidas Predator 19.1 Trainers, and Adidas Predator Tango 18+ Trainers.