Experts are sneaker fanatics, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
The Adidas NMD_R1 x Gucci low-top sneaker has a slip-on cleatie construction covered with a one-piece stretchable Primeknit upper that offers a sock-like snug fit. The flat laces loop through the plastic holders that bunch up the tongue area. This women’s sneaker may run big that reviewers recommend going a half size smaller than one’s usual shoe length. This sneaker is obtainable in sizes 5 to 13 US.
The low-top Adidas NMD_R1 x Gucci has a breathable and soft Primeknit upper over a slab of Boost midsole. Fashioned for the women’s feet, the Adidas NMD_R1 x Gucci has rare designs that display the distinctive Gucci colors and iconic double-G logo. This sneaker adds a glow to a pair of tapered bottoms, skirts, dresses. The initial releases had either black or white Primeknit uppers with two solid colored blocks on the lateral side and a prominent one on the medial side.
It is hard to leave out several aspects of the low-top Adidas NMD_R1 x Gucci which makes it a head-turner and a choice of fashion-forward women consumers. The prominent Gucci color palette of green-red-green along with the noticeable G-logo on this sneaker offers contemporary luxury. The upper is built with Adidas’ advanced Primeknit tech feature, a stretchable knitted upper that provides a sock-like fit. Complementing this luxurious exterior is the highly-adored Boost cushioning system that offers exceptional comfort to the feet.
Unveiled in December 2015, the Adidas NMD immediately achieved a solid grip in the global sneaker market and remains to be a phenomenal sneaker with more styles coming out from the Three Stripes headquarters. In 2017, Adidas hooked up with Italian luxury label Gucci for the launch of the low-top Adidas NMD_R1 x Gucci.
Adidas VP for Global Design Nic Galway is the creator of Adidas NMD shoes. Galway and his creative team took design cues from the Three Stripes archives in coming up with the NMD, short for nomad. These are the 1986 shoe with a built-in pedometer Adidas Micropacer, 1984 training shoe Adidas Rising Star, and 1984 classic running shoe Adidas Boston Super.
Since NMD was dropped in December of 2015 showcasing the Boost cushioning technology in the midsole, it persists in creating a positive impression among sneakerheads, sneaker enthusiasts, and collectors. Most of its models don’t stay long the shelves as more and more consumers are lured to the soft and bouncy charm of its midsole.
The unstoppable hype over NMDs led to the birth of several strings of releases, which includes the City Sock or CS series, the Runner or R series, the XR, and the trail. Adidas NMD _R1 x Gucci is a spinoff of the Runner version, which is a one-piece cleat-like construction.
This NMD_R1 version has a slim upper with a conventional heel counter design. The Gucci branding on the sole and use of the traditional green-red-green color palettes of this prestigious Italian fashion house create a sophisticated charm to this collaboration.
- The Adidas NMD_R1 x Gucci is built with the Boost cushion unit for the wandering feet. The NMD is a shortened term for “nomad” as this kind of sneaker is created with soft and bouncy midsole for the comfort of wandering feet.
- Adidas released two installments of the Adidas NMD R or Runner series. The R2 has a thickened padding in the heel area as compared with the R1.
- Adidas tapped BASF, a German company that’s known to the entire world as a leading chemical producer, to create for them a revolutionized midsole cushioning technology called Boost. The brand attempted to develop the technical aspects of a performance shoe.
- The Boost property is made of thousands of TPU pellets compacted together to offer a comfortable landing pad.
- The Styrofoam-looking Boost foam can withstand force, and extreme temperature as well, as opposed to the EVA foam. This makes the shoe with a Boost foam ideal for vigorous activities as it can resist pressure and wear.
- A veteran of the Three Stripe design team, Galway is also instrumental in developing Yeezy Boost along with Kanye West.
- The familiar Lego-looking blocks on the midsole provide support and stability to the Boost foam.
- The heel mustache has comfortable reinforcements to protect the Achilles tendon.
- The Primeknit is an advanced knitting technology that wraps the foot like a sock.