Size and fit
The low-top Adidas x Parley NMD_R1 STLT Primeknit is available in men's sizing. The upper is made of a single piece, stretchy Primeknit upper giving its users a sock-like feel and maximize breathability. The floating lace-up fastening system, meanwhile, provides additional support while giving a hint of its running predecessor.
Adidas NMD_R1 STLT Parley Primeknit Style
The low-top running-inspired profile of the Adidas Originals NMD_R1 STLT Parley Primeknit shoes presents a versatile look without sacrificing the overall comfort. The revolutionary Primeknit upper is a lightweight material suitable for the summer months added with the signature STLT wavy lines add style across the upper.
To give a touch of Parley elements, the brand interwoven the upper with blue Parley Ocean Plastic yarn made of recycled plastic from the ocean. The first iteration launched is made of black Primeknit with blacked-out Boost midsole called Core Black/Blue Spirit/EQT Green. The second Adidas x Parley NMD_R1 STLT PK is in lighter hue in Light Blue/Grey/White as the opposite to the dark initial release.
- Women can pair this sneaker up with short shorts and oversized pullover for a totally laidback look.
- A nice pair of dark-colored cuffed or rolled up jeans with light-colored tees or button down shirt will surely look great with this model.
- Dont be scared of wearing an all-black ensemble, such as black top with black skinnies, with the Core Black/EQT Green colorway of the NMN_R1 STLT Parley PK.
- For ladies, mini dresses or long skirts can also be worn with this model.
- For a gym-ready look, monochromatic tracksuit looks great with this iteration.
The uncaged Primeknit upper with the floating laces makes this pair striking for the popular number of buyers. Some also mentioned about the Parley Ocean Plastic yarn in blue knitted across the lightweight and breathable knit upper. This streak of blue adds personality to this environment-friendly footwear.
And just like the other NMD iterations, the molded EVA plugs found on the midsole adds stability while enhancing this pair's unique guise
Adidas NMD_R1 STLT Parley Primeknit History
Adidas' veteran designers Nic Galway, the man behind the Tubulars and Yeezys, thought of creating footwear designed not for any specific sport but for the daily grind on the city streets. He visualized a shoe design that can be recognized from afar for its unique profile and stylish flair.
Galway started conceptualizing by uncovering some popular designs from the Adidas' library such as Micro Pacer, Rising Star, and the Boston Super. The team inserted simple and minimalist design to it and came up with the NMD silhouette.
NMD was introduced to the public in 2015 and surprisingly became a sensational line. NMD stands for Nomad or members of a community that travels from one place to another. This is essentially the idea of Galway to create footwear for people who are in constant travel. He engineered a shoe that would definitely fit the lifestyle of Nomads - a lifestyle without boundaries.
Because of the style and comfort of the NMD, it turned as one of the sought-after pairs in the market. Adidas keeps on launching various versions of NMD in the market to keep up with the demand from the market and its followers excited.
The Adidas NMD_R1 was the first ever model under the umbrella of NMD line. This sneaker was stirred from various running kicks of Adidas, remodeled to suit the casual city vibe. Adidas incorporated Boost tech on its midsole to provide utmost comfort with style. Also, the upper is made of exceptional soft material that hugs the foot snugly.
Just like any seasonal pair, the NMD _R1 played down after years of reigning the sneakers market. Despite the died down popularity, Adidas Originals unveiled several versions of the NMD_R1 and one of it is the NMD_R1 STLT Primeknit.
Adidas NMD_R1 STLT Primeknit
This version was introduced in December 2017 and used the ultra-adaptive and breathable Primeknit on its upper with the striking floating laces. Three Stripes introduced various colorways in the market to boost the thrill of its followers and fanatics.
The Adidas NMD_R1 STLT PK kept all the essential elements of its ancestor, such as lightness, versatility, and minimalist appeal perfect for on-the-go users. This running-inspired kick surely looks best when paired up with any casual attire.
Adidas x Parley
Parley and Adidas began their partnership several years ago and since then several followers have been appealing for a follow-up collab using the NMD silhouette. This partnership aims to clean up the wastes from the ocean, one sneaker at a time. In an effort to do more to save the environment, they are releasing more iterations using the non-biodegradable materials found in our oceans.
To curb the pieces of plastic found in the ocean, several silhouettes were created using recovered plastic bottles. The latest iteration is the Adidas NMD_R1 STLT Parley PK, launched in 2018. This special collaboration came up with an iteration that aims to look stylish while saving the ocean from waste.
The Parley x Adidas NMD_R1 STLT Primeknit features a Primeknit upper interwoven with Parley strands in blue, which are made of yarn made of recycled plastic bottles intercepted from the beaches and coastal. The Boost midsole maximizes comfort by giving endless energy return to its wearers.
- The heel pull tab with Adidas Originals branding aids in putting on this slip-on pair.
- The Boost technology found on the midsole provides endless energy return.
- The holes on the rubber outsole allow the Boost to move freely while providing endless energy return to its wearers.
- The right shoe has the NFC chip found on the heel. Scan this heel using your mobile phone and it will give you information on the process in how plastic bottles are transformed into yarn used in this footwear. This chip will also help you learn how you could save and protect the ocean.
- Adidas is the partner of Parley in their AIR strategy that aims to cut down the plastic pollutions in the ocean.