Experts are soccer players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
88 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
I like almost everything about the shoe except for the shallow fit in the heel.
- The Nemeziz Tango 17.3 Turf embodies the prominent trademark features of the Nemeziz series. For one, its entire body is wrapped with 360 Torsion tapes known for providing an exceptional compression fit. These are the same tapes seen in Adidas Nemeziz 18.1 Firm Ground.
- The Agility Bandage present in its firm ground version is also seen bordering the turf shoes opening. The said feature creates a Dual Lock collar look similar to Messi’s Nemeziz Tango 17.3 Turf and is equally intended to provide ankle comfort. Just like the sockfit collar from the Adidas Predator 19+ Firm Ground, it offers a stretchy sensation that adapts to rough turf moments.
- Agility rubber is the primary component in the outsole. It is deemed the most viable to work with short-bladed synthetic fiber surface. Adidas promises explosive moments with this soleplate set up with its outstanding turf grip. It may not be as light as other outsole material, but it produces noteworthy protection from slippage
The Nemeziz Tango 17.3 Turf is available in men’s version from sizes 6.5 to 13.5. The textile fabric used in upper allows for average adjustment in achieving the desired fit. It gives a padded feel that aims to produce a barefoot sensation. Central laces are positioned under a stretchable fabric to provide more freedom of movement.
A prominent zigzag pattern is seen in the middle of the rubber outsole and is surrounded by irregularly shaped small studs. These studs are constructed specifically for abrasive surfaces such as turf and artificial grass. Proper turf traction is guaranteed with its size. These small numerous studs are not designed to work with firm ground.
A textile-based material is wrapped around the forefoot, midfoot and heel area while 360 Torsion tapes are glued to the sides for lateral and medial stability. Compared to mesh, the textile fabric is thicker but is built for durability.
Small embossed dots are noticeable in the forefoot area that is similar to Adidas Non-Stop Grip texture. All upper components are designed with the signature Nemeziz stripes.
To complement the look, a striped Agility Bandage is placed in the opening to serve as ankle support while an internal plastic counter is set for the heel.
A V-cut is formed going from the ankle area to the heel, positioned as a design and functional element. With this kind of opening, one will find it easy to slip on.
Laces are in the central area and are supported by an elastic fabric for compression fit. The insole is partially glued but is removable.
- The Nemeziz Tango 17.3 Turf is also available in Kids Unisex version.
- The following colorways are available for this turf shoe: Legend Ink / Solar Yellow / Energy Blue and Solar Orange / Core Black / Solar Orange