Features of the Adidas Nemeziz Messi 18.1 Firm Ground
- A soccer cleat created in collaboration with soccer legend Lionel Messi, the Adidas Nemeziz Messi 18.1 is set to bring outstanding performance on firm ground surfaces.
- As it is part of the Nemeziz line, the upper's construction is created with the collection's trademark Agility Bandage technology. The material wraps around the player’s foot extending to the ankle area, creating a snug but comfortable fit without losing breathability. This bandage system was inspired by athletes’ ritual of wrapping themselves before a performance or a game. In addition to this, the forefoot is infused with Agility weave technology which allows for an excellent ball touch.
- Securing the shoe in place is the Dual-lock collar, affording the player the ability to make rapid changes in direction. Additionally, a central lacing system aids in furthering the shoe’s fit.
- Furthermore, the outsole’s construction is created with Adidas’ Messi Gambetrax 2.0. The Argentinian striker was involved in the making of this lightweight base which is also found on the previous generation Nemeziz 17+. However, this time the stud shapes are updated to a combination of triangular and conical ones.
Size and fit
The Adidas Nemeziz Messi 18.1 Firm Ground soccer cleat’s upper brings a snug yet elastic fit through its bandage-type upper which makes use of the Agility Bandage technology. A central lacing system has been incorporated into this cleat to further its fit.
The outsole makes use of Adidas’ Messi Gambetrax 2.0 which is inspired by a style of play in Argentina called Gambetta. It pertains to a move where the player’s body faces one way while the ball is being played in the opposite direction. Furthermore, this outsole type leaves Messi’s unique footprint on the field.
The stud configuration includes a total of eleven studs with seven placed in the forefoot and four placed in the heel area. Both areas are combined with conical studs set on the perimeter to help with push-off motions.
The Adidas Nemeziz Messi 18.1 FG soccer cleat shares the same upper technology as several Nemeziz models. Inspired by athletes’ ritualistic activity of sports taping before a performance, the shoe is styled to a bandaged look through the Agility Bandage technology. Sporting a zigzag pattern, this setup ensures foot lockdown extending to the ankle area.
Additionally, the forefoot is infused with Adidas’ Agility Weave material which ensures a good ball touch. Another Adidas soccer cleat with this feature is the Adidas Nemeziz Messi 18+ 360 Agility FG.
A lacing system has been incorporated into the central area to create a more adaptive and personalized fit.
Special Colorways of the Adidas Nemeziz Messi 18.1 Firm Ground
- Energy Mode
A pack released for the 2018 World Cup, the Energy Mode colorway was incorporated into the Adidas Nemeziz Messi 18.1 FG/AG model. It features an eye-catching Solar Green and Core Black colorway. The soleplate also features a chrome finish.
- The Adidas Nemeziz Messi 18.1 Firm Ground soccer cleat is available in the Off White, Legend Ink, and High-Res Blue colorway.