Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
Features of the Adidas Nemeziz Messi 17.3 Firm Ground
- The Adidas Nemeziz Messi 17.3 Firm Ground football boot sports the bandaged look unique to the Nemeziz line. The upper is composed of the Agility Mesh upper. This material boasts of the ability to provide optimum ball touch and aid ball control.
- Aesthetically, the boot is an apparent player-themed shoe as it showcases Messi's name on the lateral and medial sides. This makes it different from the standard Nemeziz boots.
- A Dual Lock Collar is also incorporated into the upper as a stretchable shoe opening. It locks the foot down and provides enough ankle stability. A sock-like fabric is extended from the collar to the forefoot to produce a one-piece enclosure, instead of the usual synthetic tongue.
- To create a custom fit, a central lacing system is installed above the sock-like extension.
- The outsole is made out of Messi Gambetrax which leaves the celebrated player’s unique footprint. The Gambetrax technology is reminiscent of a style of play in Argentina called the Gambetta style.
Fit and sizing
The Adidas Nemeziz Messi 17.3 Firm Ground boots offers a soft, sock-like fit through its mesh upper. They are available in men’s sizes, ranging from sizes 7 to 13. A central lacing system has been incorporated into the boot’s upper to create a more personalized fit. It is important to note that a significant number of reviews shared that the pair is a half-size small, so one should make sure to check the fit before purchasing a pair.
Messi Gambetrax is used in this model’s outsole. This outsole leaves Messi’s unique footprint during play. The technology is named Gambetrax as it is inspired by the Gambetta style of play originating from Argentina. It involves using one’s body while dribbling to make it seem that the player is going one way when actually, the ball is being played the other way.
This lightweight outsole boasts the ability to secure foot lockdown while providing enough stability to adapt to quick direction changes.
The Adidas Nemeziz Messi 17.3 Firm Ground boot features the Agility Mesh upper. Described to provide a responsive ball touch while bringing optimum ball control, this material is soft even fresh out of the box.
The football boot is designed with a “Messi” text print forming a V formation both on the lateral and medial sides, a design feature not available in the standard Adidas Nemeziz 17.3 FG.
A Dual Lock Collar is used for foot lockdown and ankle stability. This collar-type feature allows for rapid direction changes. In addition to this, a central lacing system is also placed in the upper bringing a custom fit.
- The Adidas Nemeziz Messi 17.3 Firm Ground boot is available in several colorways including Core Black / Infrared / Tactile Gold Metallic and Grey / Running White / Black.