Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
CollectionAdidas Nemeziz, Messi Collection
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
Features of the Adidas Nemeziz Messi 17.2 Firm Ground
- The Adidas Nemeziz Messi 17.2 Firm Ground is a boot built for players who aim for extra agility on the pitch. It features a bandage-inspired upper which is a signature aesthetic to the Nemeziz line. This upper material is called the 360 Torsion Tape which originated from the concept of sports taping. This functional element secures acceleration in movement without compromising stability.
- The texture in the upper is brought by the Agility Mesh material. It is engineered to enhance ball touch for responsive passes and dribbles.
- Getting the shoes on is made much easier through the Dual Lock Collar which promotes lockdown and protection for the ankles.
- This football boot’s lightweight outsole is called the Gambetrax. The makeup of this sole is configured to Messi’s style of play. It is composed of conical and bladed studs that aid in quick changes of direction and rotational movement.
- What sets this boot apart from the regular Nemeziz 17.2 Firm Ground are the bold Messi prints found across the forefoot and rear area. The text is followed by Messi’s personal logo which depicts his love, achievements, and dreams.
Fit and sizing
This football boot is available in standard men’s sizes ranging from 6 to 13. It is offered in medium width and fits true to size. The bandage-inspired upper wraps the foot snugly without the restricting sensation. With the help of the traditional lacing system, the fit is further customized for the player.
Inspired by Messi’s exceptional agility, the outsole makeup, known as the Gambetrax, is named after the Argentinian style of play, the Gambetta. This outsole is suited to be played on firm ground pitches.
A combination of conical and bladed studs secures the firm ground traction for the Adidas Nemeziz Messi 17.2 FG. The stud configuration provides a balance of rotational traction and aggressive grip on natural grass surfaces.
The conical studs are found on both ends of the forefoot and heel while the rest of the bladed studs are scattered to aid in push-off motions and change of directions.
The 360 Torsion tape creates a unique bandage-themed aesthetic for the Nemeziz Messi 17.2 FG. Functionally, it serves to provide lateral and medial support without restricting the foot movement. Players can comfortably pace out the firm ground pitch through the lightweight and supportive nature of the material.
The forefoot and heel area are printed with the daring Messi text and personal symbol. These visual elements complete the player-themed design of this football boot.
To aid in ball control, the Agility Mesh upper provides texturing that regulates friction. Accuracy in shots is likely to be improved with this innovative upper technology.
- The Adidas Nemeziz Messi is available in the following colorway options: Core Black/Solar Red/Tactile Gold Met and Grey/Ftwr White/Core Black.
- Personalization for this boot is made available. Players are given the option to add their desired text on the lateral and medial sides of the football boot.
- Other firm ground variations for this shoe are available in the form of Adidas Nemeziz 18.1 Firm Ground and Adidas Nemeziz Messi 17+ FG.