Who should buy the Adidas Nemeziz Messi 17.1 Firm Ground
This Adidas cleat is a good match for you if:
- You want a shoe with conical and triangular studs for digging deeper into the ground easily
- You are after a soccer cleat with mesh-based material for enhanced responsiveness
Features of the Adidas Nemeziz Messi 17.1 Firm Ground
- The Adidas Nemeziz Messi 17.1 Firm Ground features an innovative tape-inspired upper. It is made up of three different materials that offer excellent fit and lockdown for agile players.
- The adaptable Agility Knit 2.0 in the toe box area molds to the shape of your foot right out of the box. The Torsion Tapes that form a V pattern across the midfoot offer excellent lateral and medial support while running and sprinting. Also, the 360 Agility Bandage creates an almost personalized fit, even for players with wider-than-average foot width.
- The Dual Lock Collar is also present in the Adidas Nemeziz Messi 17.1 Firm Ground. It offers an enhanced locked-in feel and stability around the ankle.
- This soccer cleat uses a lightweight SprintFrame outsole. It features the Messi stud pattern that provides excellent traction on both firm ground (FG) and artificial grass (AG) playing surfaces.
Size and fit
The Adidas Nemeziz Messi 17.1 Firm Ground is available in sizes 6.5 to 13 for men’s version only. It has a slightly wider last than the regular Nemeziz 17.1 FG model, but the elastic upper may be too constricting for users with very wide feet. The length of this soccer cleat is true to size.
The Adidas Nemeziz Messi 17.1 Firm Ground features the Messi Gambetrax 2.0 outsole. This lightweight material is thinner and more flexible than the outsole found in the standard Nemeziz 17.1 FG model.
The stud pattern, which Messi himself prefers, has a combination of conical and triangular studs. They are slightly different in shape and smaller in profile compared to the standard variation. Thus, allowing the player to dig deeper into the ground more easily.
The Adidas Nemeziz Messi 17.1 Firm Ground features the Agility Knit 2.0 in the forefoot and heel areas. This mesh-based material follows the shape of your foot the instant you put it on. Aside from creating an almost perfect fit, it also enhances the soccer cleat’s responsiveness.
This soccer cleat uses revolutionary Torsion Tapes for enhanced medial and lateral support while making quick changes of direction. It forms a “V” shape in the midfoot and at the back of the heel. On top of these tapes, you can see Messi’s logo and name in bold prints.
The key difference found between this soccer cleat and the other top-end Nemeziz Messi model is the central lacing system. It uses a dual lace hole set up for a more secure lockdown and customizable fit.
Underneath the laces, you can find the Agility Bandage system. This material stretches and molds to the shape of your foot the moment you put the shoe on.
Above the lacing system is the Dual Lace collar. It is composed of two strips of Agility Bandages that form the distinct low top V-shaped collar. This technology enhances the lockdown of the soccer cleat without restricting the ankle.
The overall in-shoe comfort of the Adidas Nemeziz Messi 17.1 Firm Ground is brought about by the fully removable sock liner and the smooth synthetic suede heel lining. You can find the Messi logo in the heel as well as perforations in the heel and forefoot areas of the insole.
- The Adidas Nemeziz Messi 17.1 Firm Ground weighs 7.6 ounces.
- Kids unisex version for this soccer cleat is available in sizes 10.5K to 6.
- Soccer aficionados can have this cleat personalized for a minimal fee.
- This soccer cleat is available in other firm ground variations such as the Adidas Nemeziz 17.1 FG and Adidas Nemeziz 18.1 Firm Ground.