Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
CollectionAdidas Nemeziz, Messi Collection
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
90 / 100 based on 3 expert reviews
On feet, the Adidas Nemeziz Messi 17.1 is a really comfortable shoe out of the box. The only thing that gave me an issue during the break-in process is the back heel piece that can cause some blistering because it comes up a little bit higher. It does have a slightly stiffer construction, but that’s something that goes away quite quickly.
Overall, this shoe is a really good performer, but it doesn’t do any one thing in particular really well. It’s very comfortable out of the box and there’s not too much to break in.
Which of these truly incredible signature edition models would the Football Boot team recommend you should buy? If it were me, I’m all about performance and a grippy upper. So, I would go for the Nemeziz Messi 17.1. But for the general consumer, I would say save £30 and get the Neymar Vapor XI.
- The Adidas Nemeziz Messi 17.1 Firm Ground features an innovative tape-inspired upper. It is made up of three different materials that offer excellent fit and lockdown for agile players.
- The adaptable Agility Knit 2.0 in the toe box area molds to the shape of your foot right out of the box. The Torsion Tapes that form a V pattern across the midfoot offer excellent lateral and medial support while running and sprinting. Also, the 360 Agility Bandage creates an almost personalized fit, even for players with wider-than-average foot width.
- The Dual Lock Collar is also present in the Adidas Nemeziz Messi 17.1 Firm Ground. It offers an enhanced locked-in feel and stability around the ankle.
- This football boot uses a lightweight SprintFrame outsole. It features the Messi stud pattern that provides excellent traction on both firm ground (FG) and artificial grass (AG) playing surfaces.
The Adidas Nemeziz Messi 17.1 Firm Ground is available in sizes 6.5 to 13 for men’s version only. It has a slightly wider last than the regular Nemeziz 17.1 FG model, but the elastic upper may be too constricting for users with very wide feet. The length of this football boot is true to size.
The Adidas Nemeziz Messi 17.1 Firm Ground features the Messi Gambetrax 2.0 outsole. This lightweight material is thinner and more flexible than the outsole found in the standard Nemeziz 17.1 FG model.
The stud pattern, which Messi himself prefers, has a combination of conical and triangular studs. They are slightly different in shape and smaller in profile compared to the standard variation. Thus, allowing the player to dig deeper into the ground more easily.
The Adidas Nemeziz Messi 17.1 Firm Ground features the Agility Knit 2.0 in the forefoot and heel areas. This mesh-based material follows the shape of your foot the instant you put it on. Aside from creating an almost perfect fit, it also enhances the football boot’s responsiveness.
This football boot uses revolutionary Torsion Tapes for enhanced medial and lateral support while making quick changes of direction. It forms a “V” shape in the midfoot and at the back of the heel. On top of these tapes, you can see Messi’s logo and name in bold prints.
The key difference found between this football boot and the other top-end Nemeziz Messi model is the central lacing system. It uses a dual lace hole set up for a more secure lockdown and customizable fit.
Underneath the laces, you can find the Agility Bandage system. This material stretches and molds to the shape of your foot the moment you put the shoe on.
Above the lacing system is the Dual Lace collar. It is composed of two strips of Agility Bandages that form the distinct low top V-shaped collar. This technology enhances the lockdown of the football boot without restricting the ankle.
The overall in-shoe comfort of the Adidas Nemeziz Messi 17.1 Firm Ground is brought about by the fully removable sock liner and the smooth synthetic suede heel lining. You can find the Messi logo in the heel as well as perforations in the heel and forefoot areas of the insole.
- The Adidas Nemeziz Messi 17.1 Firm Ground weighs 7.6 ounces.
- Kids unisex version for this football boot is available in sizes 10.5K to 6.
- Soccer aficionados can have this boot personalized for a minimal fee.
- This football boot is available in other firm ground variations such as the Adidas Nemeziz 17.1 FG and Adidas Nemeziz 18.1 Firm Ground.