Experts are soccer players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
95 / 100 based on 2 expert reviews
I think the Predator 18.1 is way better than the laceless 18+ variation. The addition of a lacing system makes for a world of difference in regards to the quality of the fit. The lockdown and responsiveness is without question way better on the 18.1 because you can actually lock everything down. The adjustability that you don't get with a laceless system is all there on the 18.1 because of the laces running down the middle.
The Nemeziz 18.1 is a major improvement on the previous iteration. It is softer, more comfortable and still maintains its main strength – superior lockdown. I’ve always liked how the boot looks like and the Spectral Mode colourway adds some nice touches to it that makes me like it even more. The soleplate works and doesn’t leave me worried about injury or discomfort.
- Belonging to the top-tier range of the Adidas Nemeziz 18 line, there are minimal differences between the two powerhouse cleats Adidas Nemeziz 18.1 and the Adidas Nemeziz 18+. For one, the Nemeziz 18.1 model sports a central lacing system that allows the player to personalize the fit further while the 18+ model carries a laceless construction that provides a unique yet snug fit. This type of lacing system is also found in the Adidas Predator 18.1 Firm Ground and the Adidas Predator 19.1 Firm Ground shoes.
- As expected from a cleat belonging to this Messi-inspired line, the 18.1 model sports a bandage-type upper called the Adidas’ Torsiontape technology that continues until the ankle area. A dual lock collar which is a usual feature among the models found in the Nemeziz line serves to further the soccer cleat’s lockdown.
- For added ball touch, an Agility Weave feature can also be found in the shoe. Another Adidas Nemeziz soccer cleat that sport this technology is the Adidas Nemeziz 18+ Firm Ground.
- Furthermore, the soleplate of this firm ground soccer cleat is created out of Adidas’ Torsionframe technology. This construction is designed to be lightweight while providing support to the player’s foot. A total of eleven studs can be found in the outsole. Four studs are located in the heel area, while seven are incorporated into the forefoot.
The Adidas Nemeziz 18.1 Firm Ground soccer cleat brings a snug fit as the Torsiontape material wraps around the player’s foot. It is available in men’s standard sizes ranging from 7 to 13. To further the adaptability regarding fit, a central lacing system has been incorporated into the upper. Additionally, this shoe fits true to size.
Sporting a tape-inspired design, the upper of the Adidas Nemeziz 18.1 firm ground soccer is created with a Torsion tape material. This element wraps around the player’s foot, creating a snug, comfortable feel for players. This has been incorporated from the middle of the forefoot until the ankle area.
Meanwhile, ball touch is optimized through another Adidas innovation called the Agility Weave. The material allows for a direct and responsive touch on the ball.
Adaptability regarding fit comes in the form of a central lacing system. This feature allows the player a more secure and personalized fit.
For explosive speed and support in firm ground courts, a Torsionframe outsole is used. Designed to be lightweight, the soleplate’s stud configuration includes a total of eleven half-moon studs. Seven are placed in the forefoot while four are incorporated into the heel area. Additionally, Torsion ribs are also evident in the outsole which aids the player in pushing off the ground.
Adidas Nemeziz 18.1 Whiteout
As the name suggests, a completely white version of this soccer cleat model has been created. The upper until the soleplate is drenched in white with tonal elements in the logo. Coinciding with the upper’s milky palette is an equally snowy set of laces which completes the overall construction of the shoe.
Adidas Nemeziz 18+ ‘Dash in Ash’
As part of the pastel-drenched collection of the Adidas Spectral mode color pack, the Adidas Nemeziz 18 looks clean and precise with its overall Ash Silver color selection without looking too basic. Other models that are part of the collection include the Adidas X18+ White Ghost and the Adidas Predator 18+ Pretty in Pink.
- The Adidas Nemeziz 18.1 Firm Ground soccer cleat is available in the Zest, Core Black, and Solar Red colorway.
- A fully removable perforated foam-based insole has been incorporated into this shoe.