Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
91 / 100 based on 6 expert reviews
It's got a great tight and streamlined fit. It's lovely and uninterupted on the ball and it makes you feel on your toes like a ballet dancer. Why drop it, then? The lock down isn't as good as in thinsg with laces, there is some crazy amount of grip on the ball and the color doesn't really do that much. But in the end, it's a great fitting boot that's a lot of fun to play with, it makes you feel ready and it's amazing if you love to dribble.
However the Nemeziz 18+ maybe on the pole, there are also a few areas where Adidas are off the mark. One of those is naturally the lockdown. It does feel a little bit better than the first generation but it's still not on par with boots that have laces.
Why I think this is the best Adidas laceless shoe...It's what's on th inside. If you look, this actually has a padded mesh lining on the inside that does restrict the stretch across the top of the foot where laces would normaly be. Because it can't stretch as much, that means that the shoe is more stable.
The new collar construction is also quickly evident. It's always present in a nice supportive way and that's the feeling of the foot being tightly wrapped. There's also a pluch mesh full lining underneath the tongue area. And while it's definitely very comfortable, it also takes up a bit of space inside the boot adding a bit of pressurized feeling on top of the foot. It does, however, add to the security of the boot. Offering a decent amount of lockdown.
Features of the Adidas Nemeziz 18+ Firm Ground
- Yet another addition to the Nemeziz line, the Adidas Nemeziz 18+ FG football boot has received some significant updates from its predecessor. This 2018 model still sports the Agility Bandage which is a staple feature for the collection. The material wraps around the player’s foot creating a snug but comfortable fit. The design has been inspired by athletes’ ritual of wrapping their limbs before a performance.
- Another new feature to this model is the Agility Weave strategically positioned in the forefoot area. This element aids in enhancing ball touch especially on powerful forefoot strikes.
- Due to its laceless style, the fit is secured through its collar which extends up to the ankle area. An additional feature that was not evident in the Adidas Nemeziz 17 line is a mesh element that serves to reinforce internal foot lockdown.
- The soleplate features Torsionframe technology which includes a total of eleven studs. Seven studs are placed in the forefoot, while four are placed in the heel area. This stud configuration allows for traction and grip on firm ground courts.
Fit and Sizing
The Adidas Nemeziz 18+ Firm Ground football boot brings a snug fit that wraps around the player’s foot through its bandage-type upper. While it is a laceless model, a mesh-based material has been internally placed in the shoe to further the football boot's fit. It is available in men’s standard sizes ranging from 6.5 to 13.5. A user reported that the football boot runs true to size.
The Adidas Nemeziz line is known for its distinct look. The bandage-type look is also evident in the Adidas Nemeziz 18+ football boot. The material wraps around the player’s foot, locking it in place without losing comfort and breathability. The material extends up to the ankle area. This technology is aptly called Agility Bandage as it is inspired by athlete’s act of sports taping before a performance.
An internal mesh material has been integrated into the football boot's construction to create a more secure-fitting shoe as it is a laceless model.
Furthermore, the forefoot features Adidas’ Agility Weave which is designed to bring a good ball touch.
Sporting virtually the same outsole as its predecessor, the Adidas Nemeziz 18+ Firm Ground football boot uses a Torsionframe outsole which is engineered to be lightweight. Incorporating a total of eleven half-moon shaped studs that ensures grip in firm ground courts. Another technology utilized in this area’s construction are Torsion Ribs which aids in pushing off the ground.
- The Adidas Nemeziz 18+ Firm Ground football boot is available in the Zest, Core black, and Solar Red colorway.
- A new colorway for this model featuring a Solar Yellow and Blue color palette is set to be released in early 2019.
- The Adidas Nemeziz 18.1 is a model with a lacing system from the Adidas Nemeziz 18 collection.