Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
86 / 100 based on 3 expert reviews
Instead of Agility Bandages, this shoe’s upper uses simplified torsion tapes and Agility Mesh material. It is soft, thin, and doesn’t feel bad at all. It feels thinner on the ball than the 17.1 and 17+. You get a secure sensation when you pull the laces tight. The outsole is stiffer and more rigid. The feel of the upper is soft and flexible. The fit in the heel is not 100% right.
The shoe is comfortable. The toe part uses Agility Mesh. 8.7 for comfort. 9.4 for cost. 8.4 for lockdown.
The 17.2 is a cheaper version of the 17.1. There is not much difference when it comes to quality.
Features of the Adidas Nemeziz 17.2 Firm Ground
- Supernatural Agility is the main tagline used for the take-down model, Nemeziz 17.2 FG. It promises a cleat construction that will bring about a balance of acceleration and comfort on the firm ground. Its Agility Mesh found on the upper assures optimal ball touch and responsiveness. Aesthetically, the 360 Torsion tape that surrounds the boot provides a sleeker look and functions as lateral and medial support at the same time.
- When it comes to lockdown security, the Nemeziz 17.2 FG features a Dual Lock Collar that provides ankle stability. For the ideal break in feel, it has a synthetic suede internal heel counter. The heel meets the collar with a V-cut shape to complete that modern look. Its insoles are non-removable.
- Additionally, this firm ground football boot is covered with a combination of synthetic and mesh from the upper to the sole lining while the outsole is primarily synthetic. Overall, the elements found in this shoe take on firm ground boots to a different level of lockdown and performance.
Fit and sizing
The Adidas Nemeziz 17.2 FG is available in men’s version. The size ranges from 6.5 to 13. With its dual lock collar, elastic center, and lacing system, this cleat offers a comfortable fit that allows adjustability.
Nemeziz 17.2’s soleplate is made from thick yet flexible plastic material designed to be translucent to compliment the striped upper. The stud configuration is specifically made for firm ground but is also available in artificial grass cleats. The conical studs produce aggressive traction and change of directions.
Unlike its high-end model, the only Agility bandage-like material that is found in this cleat is in its striped collar. The striped pattern goes all the way from the collar to the whole upper surface that subtly imitates the Agility bandages found in Nemeziz 17.1 and 17+.
On the other hand, the simplified 360 Torsion tape compensates the lack of the said bandages, as it surrounds the upper midfoot area just like a tape. Its stripe-like pattern is placed diagonally in the center and in the heel area.
The forefoot, midfoot and the lower heel areas are wrapped with Agility Mesh that contributes to the softness and flexibility of the cleats. This textile material works to improve ball touch and control. At the center of the boot is an elastic material below the lacing system that provides an adaptive lock in for a snug fit.
- Adidas Nemeziz 17.2 is available in Dust Storm Pack colorway in black and white color combinations.
- Legend Ink/Electricity/Energy Blue and Solar Orange/Core Black/Solar Red combinations are the other color options for this firm ground boot.