Experts are soccer players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
86 / 100 based on 2 expert reviews
If I have to pick a favorite turf outsole that I personally ever worn, this is it. It's the most aggressive one, the nubs are taller than what you would find on the average search shoe. And the layout, basically nubs all over the place works extremely well.
This is the most old school soccer shoe that I have ever worn, and although it doesn’t offer everything that you get from most modern turf soccer shoes, it is the most comfortable and the best quality. If you are a fan of the Copa Mundial, or are looking for a boot that you can have to keep in your soccer bag ready to pull out depending on the field conditions, the Mundial Team is your best option. There is a reason that this shoe has been in production for so long.
- Mundial Team is dominantly covered with an iconic split suede-leather on the upper. This material is classic and has been proven to produce excellent ball touch. It is also the main factor for the turf shoes’ comfortability and fit. The premium leather is much thicker than in Copa Mundial but still has enough stretchability to offer a snug fit.
- The non-removable insole is made from die-cut EVA (Ethylene-vinyl Acetate) material. This lightweight technology adjusts snugly to the shape of the foot. Among its other benefits are its odorless quality and glossy texture. A pre-molded version of the same material is also applied to the midsole to provide extra-lightweight cushioning.
- Another unique Adidas technology consisting this turf shoe is TRAXION™. This tapered form material provides excellent ground grip.
Adidas Mundial team can be purchased from 4 to 13.5 sizes in men’s version only. Snug fit is guaranteed with these solid turf shoes through the K-leather that molds to the foot naturally. Less break-in time is needed to achieve the right comfort level for the shoe.
Long conical turf studs are used in Adidas Mundial Team’s soleplate providing the right amount of grip for artificial ground. Due to its length and pattern, it can also be ideal for hard ground surfaces. It offers great stability and support for the feet as it is made from rubber.
The soleplate’s body is powered by TRAXION™, Adidas exclusive innovation that produces ultra grip on the artificial ground. It lessens pressure on the foot, thus improving speed and balance. Its lug pattern is specifically constructed for outdoor activities to avoid unwanted slippage. This technology is originally developed for soccer and true to its name, it produces aggressive shoe traction specific to artificial turf.
Adidas Mundial Team’s upper consists of natural leather and suede. The leather is seen surrounding the toe area all the way to the heel producing a padded feel to the shoe overall. Its thickness is meant to improve ball control and shooting.
A thick suede covering is also lining the toebox area similar to the iconic Adidas Samba Classic. It can be found stitched to the soleplate to increase durability.
A traditional leather tongue flap is installed below the lacing system while on the sides, the trademark Adidas white leather stripes are embedded.
All of these upper elements, especially the premium leather adds up to the Mundial Team’s excellent comfort level.
- Adidas Mundial Team is available in EQT (Equipment) Green and Black colorway.
- A indoor version of this turf cleat is the classic Adidas Mundial Goal.