|Base model:||Adidas Kanadia 7|
|Weight:||Men: 12.7oz | Women: 11.3oz|
|Heel to toe drop:||Men: 11mm | Women: 11mm|
|Arch type:||High arch|
|Strike Pattern:||Heel strike|
|Distance:||Daily running | Long distance | Marathon|
|Heel height:||Men: 30mm | Women: 30mm|
|Forefoot height:||Men: 19mm | Women: 19mm|
|Type:||Heavy | Big guy|
|Width:||Men: Normal | Women: Normal|
|Colorways:||Black, Blue, Green, Grey, Orange, Pink, Yellow|
Experts are runners, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
- The 7th version of the Adidas Kanadia GTX is the next iteration of a series that has provided runners with quality performance when tackling the trails. It keeps the foot protected from the hazards of the unpredictable outdoor conditions. It also makes sure that the runner stays in control over the paths with a trail-optimized external sole unit.
- The upper unit of this running shoe retains the series’ high quality construction and stitching. The fabrics look like they really have been constructed to fully secure and protect the foot. Breathability is a key feature in this model, as it constantly introduces air to the interior section to keep the foot well-ventilated.
- A waterproof membrane protects the shoe and the foot from water that might invade the interior areas. It keeps the environment inside the shoe dry and free from odor-causing moisture.
- A resilient, responsive and flexible EVA foam serves as the platform on which to rest the foot. The material itself doesn’t succumb to breakage or wear, therefore providing the runner with a high-quality service that lasts a long time.
- The aggressive outsole design uses a technology that allows the runner to hold onto the surface with ease and sureness. Gripping lugs handle uphill and downhill traversals. This external layer is strong and it doesn’t wear off easily.
The Adidas Kanadia 7 GTX has a standard running shoe length. It follows the regular measurements for men and women. The available width is medium, so it accommodates those with medium-sized feet. The semi-curved shape of this shoe allows the natural curvature of the foot to acclimate well to it.
TRAXION™ is an outsole technology that offers high level grip on rugged and uneven terrain. Featuring gripping lugs that face different directions, this external layer gives traction on many types of surfaces. It’s efficient, even when handling uphill climbs and downhill treks.
The mid-sole unit comprises of an Ethylene vinyl acetate foam that’s lightweight and responsive. It is able to moderately attenuate shock and keep the foot well-supported. It doesn’t easily lose structural integrity, so it is able to provide long-lasting performance to the wearer.
The upper unit uses high quality textiles to make sure that the coverage is flexible, durable and breathable. It remains agreeable to the skin and it doesn’t make the foot feel as if the upper is too tight.
Synthetic overlays are placed onto the upper unit to make sure that the foot is hugged securely by the fabrics. They are connected directly to the lacing system, therefore making the fit more customizable.
Same as that with the popular road running shoe, the Duramo 9, this shoe uses a breathable mesh lining that makes sure that the interior environment of the shoe is not irritating to the skin of the wearer. The smoothness of the fabric allows the foot to enter and exit the shoe without any trouble, while the open construction allows air to keep the foot cool and dry.
The GORE-TEX® technology is a waterproof membrane that protects the shoe and the foot from being infiltrated by water. New to the Adidas Kanadia GTX 7, it makes sure that the runner stays confident, even when running under wet conditions.