Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
92 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
This is a shoe that I am very excited to test out. I am pretty much 90% sure of how it is going to perform. It feels very similar to that of a Copa Mundial.
Features of the Adidas Kaiser 5 Liga
- The Adidas Kaiser 5 Liga is made with the same silhouette as the world-famous Adidas Copa Mundial. It does have a soft calfskin leather upper that molds to the shape of the foot with continued use. With its classic leather look, traditional lacing system, and a glove-like fit, the Kaiser 5 Liga is a true heritage boot for the modern footballer.
- This football boot has the iconic fold-over tongue that Adidas fans love. This is also seen in popular cleats from the brand such as the Adidas Mundial Goal and Adidas Samba Classic. Not only does it provide a wider and cleaner strike zone, but the reversible tongue also completes the vintage look of the boot.
- The internal lining is made of durable synthetic leather. It also comes with a die-cut insole that provides excellent shock absorption. Together, these elements enhance the overall in-shoe comfort level of the Adidas Kaiser 5 Liga.
- This football boot uses a moulded polyurethane-based outsole and rounded studs that work well on firm grounds (FG).
Fit and sizing
Given that the Adidas Kaiser 5 Liga has a leather upper, it is expected to stretch a bit more after a few wears. Therefore, in order to get the best fit, it is recommended that you get one half to one size smaller than your usual shoe size. It is available in men’s version with sizes ranging from 6 to 12.5.
For the outsole, the Adidas Kaiser 5 Liga uses a white PU (polyurethane) rubber plate with direct-injected round studs. These black moulded cleats provide excellent traction on dry, natural grass.
The black on white design of this football boot adds to the overall classic style of the shoe.
As part of the Adidas heritage collection, the Adidas Kaiser 5 Liga has a full-grain leather upper. This material is soft and follows the shape of the foot after several uses. The forefoot has several stitching that help enhance the natural ball feel and grip.
It also has the iconic fold-over tongue that is similar to other Adidas heritage football boots. It is reversible with a black patch with a red Adidas logo stitched against the white part of the tongue.
This football boot uses a traditional lacing system at the center. It helps in creating a glove-like fit. Also, the soft synthetic lining of this football boot creates a long-lasting in-shoe comfort.
The overall design of the Adidas Kaiser 5 Liga is very similar to the original Adidas Copa Mundial. A visible difference between both shoes is the white stripe found rear part of the Adidas Kaiser 5 Liga.
- Aside from the vintage black-and-white color combination, the Adidas Kaiser 5 Liga is also available in three other colorways, namely the White/Core Black/Core Black, Power Red/White/Core Black, and Collegiate Royal/White/Core Black.
- For excellent in-shoe feel and comfort, Adidas added a die-cut EVA insole. This cushioning material is lightweight to help keep the player comfortable while running at full speed.