Shoes best for road, track and light gravel. See the best road shoes.
Shoes best for trail, off road, mountains and other unstable surfaces. See the best trail shoes.
Good to know
As long as you stick to the road or path, and if you want just one running shoe, buy a road running shoe.
Neutral / cushion / high arch
Shoes for runners who does not need any additional arch support (Around 50% of runners). Best for people with high or medium high arches. See the best neutral shoes.
Stability / overpronation / normal arch
Shoes for runners who needs arch support (Around 45% of runners). Best for runners with a normal arch. See the best stability shoes.
Motion control / severe overproanation / flat feet
Shoes for runners who needs a lot of arch support. Best for runners with flat feet. See the best motion control shoes.
Good to know
Cushioned shoes for your daily easy running. Great comfort. See best shoes for daily running.
Lightweight shoes good for races, interval training, tempo runs and fartlek. Here are the best competition running shoes.
Good to know
If you want just one pair of shoes, buy a shoe for daily running.
The height difference from the heel to the forefoot, also known as heel drop, toe spring, heel to toe spring or simply drop.
There are many opinions about what a good heel drop is. We do not recommend any in particular. Lean more in this video.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
92 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
92 / 100 by Soccer Reviews For You • Josh • Level 5 expert
This is a shoe that I am very excited to test out. I am pretty much 90% sure of how it is going to perform. It feels very similar to that of a Copa Mundial.
Features of the Adidas Kaiser 5 Liga
- The Adidas Kaiser 5 Liga is made with the same silhouette as the world-famous Adidas Copa Mundial. It does have a soft calfskin leather upper that molds to the shape of the foot with continued use. With its classic leather look, traditional lacing system, and glove-like fit, the Kaiser 5 Liga is a true heritage boot for the modern footballer.
- This football boot has the iconic fold-over tongue that Adidas fans love. Not only does it provide a wider and cleaner strike zone, the reversible tongue also completes the vintage look of the boot.
- The internal lining is made of durable synthetic leather. It also comes with a die-cut insole that provides excellent shock absorption. Together, these elements enhance the overall in-shoe comfort level of the Adidas Kaiser 5 Liga.
- This football boot uses a moulded polyurethane-based outsole and rounded studs that work well on firm grounds (FG).
Fit and sizing
Given that the Adidas Kaiser 5 Liga has a leather upper, it is expected to stretch a bit more after a few wears. Therefore, in order to get the best fit, it is recommended that you get one half to one size smaller than your usual shoe size. It is available in men’s version with sizes ranging from 6 to 12.5.
For the outsole, the Adidas Kaiser 5 Liga uses a white PU (polyurethane) rubber plate with direct-injected round studs. These black moulded cleats provide excellent traction on dry, natural grass.
The black on white design of this football boot adds to the overall classic style of the shoe.
As part of the Adidas heritage collection, the Adidas Kaiser 5 Liga has a full-grain leather upper. This material is soft and follows the shape of the foot after several uses. The forefoot has several stitching that help enhance the natural ball feel and grip.
It also has the iconic fold-over tongue that is similar to other Adidas heritage football boots. It is reversible with a black patch with a red Adidas logo stitched against the white part of the tongue.
This football boot uses a traditional lacing system at the center. It helps in creating a glove-like fit. Also, the soft synthetic lining of this football boot creates a long-lasting in-shoe comfort.
The overall design of the Adidas Kaiser 5 Liga is very similar to the original Adidas Copa Mundial. A visible difference between both shoes is the white stripe found rear part of the Adidas Kaiser 5 Liga.
- Aside from the vintage black-and-white color combination, the Adidas Kaiser 5 Liga is also available in three other colorways, namely the White/Core Black/Core Black, Power Red/White/Core Black, and Collegiate Royal/White/Core Black.
- For excellent in-shoe feel and comfort, Adidas added a die-cut EVA insole. This cushioning material is lightweight to help keep the player comfortable while running at full speed.