Shoes best for road, track and light gravel. See the best road shoes.
Shoes best for trail, off road, mountains and other unstable surfaces. See the best trail shoes.
Good to know
As long as you stick to the road or path, and if you want just one running shoe, buy a road running shoe.
Neutral / cushion / high arch
Shoes for runners who does not need any additional arch support (Around 50% of runners). Best for people with high or medium high arches. See the best neutral shoes.
Stability / overpronation / normal arch
Shoes for runners who needs arch support (Around 45% of runners). Best for runners with a normal arch. See the best stability shoes.
Motion control / severe overproanation / flat feet
Shoes for runners who needs a lot of arch support. Best for runners with flat feet. See the best motion control shoes.
Good to know
Cushioned shoes for your daily easy running. Great comfort. See best shoes for daily running.
Lightweight shoes good for races, interval training, tempo runs and fartlek. Here are the best competition running shoes.
Good to know
If you want just one pair of shoes, buy a shoe for daily running.
The height difference from the heel to the forefoot, also known as heel drop, toe spring, heel to toe spring or simply drop.
There are many opinions about what a good heel drop is. We do not recommend any in particular. Lean more in this video.
Experts are sneaker fanatics, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
0 / 100 based on 0 expert reviews
These are visual presentations, not reviews
Adidas EQT Support 93/17 History
In early the 90s, Adidas was in near bankruptcy. Peter Moore, one of the designers of Nike Air Jordan 1, joined Adidas and conceptualized the Equipment Range or the EQT Line. Adidas introduced a footwear collection that is fuss-free. They directed at eliminating the unnecessary features in footwear and clothing and focused on the construction, performance and comfort. In the original EQT line, the shoe came with green, white and black colorway and dropped the trefoil logo. Adidas started using the iconic 3-stripes in the EQT line.
The EQT was tagged as the best shoe from Adidas for the serious athletes. The family line of the Equipment has broadened since then. The model range now includes clothing, basketball, volleyball, soccer, fencing and running trainers.
In 1993, the Equipment Support running shoe was released. Its release has set a new benchmark of trailblazing and high-performing shoe and apparel in the runner’s domain. They introduced the Torsion technology, which allows the wearers to move the back and front of their foot separately and the unique lacing system.
Time passed by and the needs of the athletes as well as the consumers also changed. Adidas retroed the EQT Support in 2014 and added the “93” to the name to signify the year it debuted in the market. Early this year, the Adidas launched the EQT Support 93/17 wearing the Primeknit technology.
They re-engineered this iconic profile to suit the modern essentials. They face-lifted EQT by applying the turbo red colorway in their launch pack, premium materials, purposeful construction, and they revived the iconic Adidas Trefoil. Nevertheless, the core of the EQT has never changed, “Everything that is essential, nothing that is not.”
Adidas EQT Support 93/17 Style
The EQT Support 93/17 is the most coveted model among the 2017 EQT Collection. Dressed with Primeknit upper to add a modern touch to this iconic profile. The thick Boost midsole reflects the comfort this pair offers plus the Ortholite sockliner that enhances the comfort. Considering all the comfort and lightness, this pair is perfect for all day walking in casual attire. Overall, looking at the style, this pair is a must have. Modern lines, sleek profile and styling makes this one of a kind sneaker.
Fit & Sizing
The Adidas EQT Support 93/17 has an Ortholite sockliner seated entirely on the Boost midsole. It has a lace-up closure system reinforced by the TPU heel cage for a secured lockdown of the foot especially during the sudden changes in direction. The heel collar is slightly protruded to enhance the easiness of putting on this pair. It has a wrap style collar and is slightly padded. This pair generally runs true to size is exclusively offered in men’s sizes from 5 to 14 US in medium width.
There are just too many things to notice in the Adidas EQT Support 93/17. One is the use of Pixelated Primeknit on the upper. This gradient effect of two colors is highly admired by many Primeknit lovers.
Furthermore, Adidas brought the Trefoil logo back in their newly launched EQT. It seems like the Adidas wanted to bring to light all the classic style and give it new life.
Another striking element is the use of Turbo Red in the launching pack of the EQT. Adidas used the polar opposite of the original color of the EQT, which as launched 26 years ago, the moss green. Referring to the color wheel, Turbo Red is found at the opposite end of the moss green.
And lastly, many testers noted the various materials used in this pair. These materials worked harmoniously to deliver an ultra-comfortable pair. On the upper alone, many noticed that Adidas used pixel knits, suede, nylon, leather, polyester, TPU, embroidered nylon and mesh. As if there is a parade of various materials on the upper of the EQT Support 93/17.
- The midsole is made entirely of the Boost technology. This technology maximizes the energy return to the wearers. It provides an endless energy supply with every step. The EQT Support 93/17 is the first EQT to use the Boost technology.
- The Primeknit upper has 2 designs. On the lateral side, it has the signature pixelated design. On the medial side, it has the embroidered vertical white lines that provide more support on the foot when it is leaning towards the center. The medial side also is thicker compared to the lateral side.
- It also has suede on the medial area of the shoe to provide support.
- Signature EQT 3-Stripe representations are present. This pair has the 3-stripes webbing tape in the midfoot and embossed in the Boost. It is the first time Adidas embossed the 3-stripes on the Boost midsole.
- Adidas used the nylon flat webbing tape to hold the shoe lace in place.
- It has an external TPU heel cage that can hold the lace if the wearer wants to further tighten the shoe lace on the tongue area.
- It has the unique burrito tongue which slides down when the wearer tightens the lace. The tongue has the Adidas logo and the model name and the trefoil. It has the 91/17 print that refers to the year when the EQT was first released and the year when it was re-released.
- Adidas placed a very sturdy outsole. It has reinforcements on the heel and sole which enhances the durability of the rubber outsole.
- This pair comes with an irremovable green OrthoLite® sockliner.
- Signature molded TPU support piece and heel cap is also present.