Extremely popular sneakers because of their price range, versatility when it comes to style, and freedom of movement. Almost everyone is guaranteed to have low-top sneakers in their shoe rotation.
Mid-top sneakers extend toward the ankle for a little more support and hold. These lie somewhere in the middle between low-top and high-top sneakers in terms of usage and popularity.
Sneakers with collars that go above the ankles for optimal hold and support are some of the most sought-after models in lifestyle shoes. Most of these shoes take their roots from basketball and have easily or fashionably crossed to mainstream wear.
Good to know
Regardless of cut, it's always good to start with sneakers that can be worn for the daily grind, also called as "beaters" by some, as these are usually cheaper, easy to clean, and still gives that lifestyle "edge" before going for those wallet-thinning models.
Sneakers dominantly take their heritage from running, basketball, skate, tennis, training, hiking, and football. Still retaining a few of their performance-based technologies, these sneakers have transcended their respective niches and have successfully and popularly transformed themselves as staples of fashion footwear.
Sneakers designed for a laidback, "cool" vibe that is built for lifestyle wear right from the get-go.
Good to know
Brands are now blending elements of performance and casual appeal in basically every sneaker. One can hardly go wrong with a sports-inspired sneaker or a simple casual shoe.
Good to know
Shoes sharing the same inspiration, history, materials, or technologies are routinely assembled under one compilation for the convenience of those who may wish to categorize or label their own collection as such. The classic collections like the Adidas Originals, Air Max 1, Air Force 1, new balance classic sneakers, and the Classic Leather head the pack of frequently asked about collections.
Experts are sneaker fanatics, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
The Adidas EQT Support 93/16 provides a fairly loose opening for the foot with its semi-slip on characteristics associated with its “burrito” or split tongue construction that’s partly attached to the collar. It has a standard lacing system attached to the ribbon branding on the side panels which offers a personalized fit. The shoe is available in men’s sizes and in medium width. The size availability ranges from 7 to 13 US.
The Adidas EQT Support 93/16 low-cut profile retains its spot on the track as this sneaker is ideal to pair with joggers, and shorts while training for personal best. Its charming cover is also recognized among sneaker enthusiasts as it goes well with skinnies, trousers, leggings, and dresses. A go-to sneaker with multipurpose abilities.
The DNA of the classic 1993 EQT trainer has captivated a wide audience to the point of pulling Adidas from the brink of bankruptcy during that time. The famed men’s running shoe gets a fresher form with the fusion of the full-length Boost technology and Torsion System in its sole unit in 2016, which adds up to its allure and keeps its prominence among sneaker and running enthusiasts. The improved Adidas EQT Support 93/16 with all its inherent performance capabilities fits well on the track and on the streets.
The EQT Support 93/16 is an amalgamation of several technological influences that represents the best of Adidas in terms of performance. One is the technically-advanced Adidas EQT Support trainers, an offshoot of the EQT Guidance, which traces back in the 1990s that’s meant to propel runners to perform better. Another is the brand’s trademark midsole innovation dubbed as Boost technology, which has captivated the global market with its enticing cushioning capabilities.
In the Adidas language, “equipment” refers to the athletes’ most important tool that push them to achieve maximum performance in whatever sports they’re in. It’s their footwear. Which is why even before the inception of this sporting goods company, its founder Adolf “Adi” Dassler was obsessed in formulating and manufacturing the best sports shoe, an athlete’s most indispensable equipment.
EQT, short for “equipment” is one of the breakthrough concepts of Adidas launched in 1991 that incorporated Adi’s philosophy and represents the best in the brand in terms of performance. Under this sports line that initially opened doors to runners is the EQT Guidance trainer in 1993. This is made of various shoe construction improvements like the trademark Torsion System in the outsole and a unique lacing system.
The green and gray upper is a combination of leather, fabric mesh, and suede materials that said to make the EQT Guidance extremely breathable. Its rubber outsole is shock-resistant and durable. For the lacing system, it made use of rings and loops to fasten the shoe lacing.
In 2010, several contrasting materials and colors for the upper started to come out. From various colorways with complementary textiles and synthetic suede uppers to technical upgrades on the tongue, lace system, and Torsion technology for the sole.
In 2016, Adidas dropped the Adidas EQT Support 93/16 a retro of the classic profile in a sleek cover that carries with it the high-performance trademarks of the brand. This shoe integrated the company’s proprietary Boost technology to provide optimum energy return and cushioning support. This highly advanced engineering that can withstand high impact and survive in different temperatures is the backbone of other much-sought models of Adidas like the EnergyBOOST, PureBOOST, and the most glorified of them all, the Yeezy Boost 750.
- The Boost technology, which was initially created for running shoes, offers one of the highest energy returns in the business.
- The Boost technology is a specially crafted foam granules known as energy capsules, which are transformed to a compact Styrofoam-looking midsole which is soft to the touch. Not only can the Boost foam withstand force, but extreme temperature as well, as opposed to the EVA foam.
- The Torsion System is a heated synthetic resin which is a durable component for the outsole situated between the heel and forefoot.
- The original EQT trainer was designed by Peter Moore.
- Apart from the traditional colorway of green, black, gray, white combo, a series of white uppers were dropped in 2016: white mesh, white netted construction and triple white.
- The vintage silhouette was dressed in a number of ways through collaborations with the following: Concepts for the Sage and Black/White combo; BAIT for the Triple White variation with Primeknit upper; Avenue for the textured aniline leather with woven detailing.The EQT Support 93/16 is not customizable via the miadidas platform.
- A special silhouette was dropped in time for the opening of the Year of the Rooster in 2017 called the Chinese New Year edition with a tonal beige base. This shoe has a tri-color rooster embroidery on the heel and a hangtag of the same image. The insole is printed with tiles of mahjong, a traditional Chinese game. Some of the pairs were encased in commemorative wooden boxes.
- Celebrities who are seen wearing variations of the EQT running shoes: American rapper Pusha T, American actor John Christopher Reilly, American rappers Waka Flock and DJ Whookid, Singaporean artist Jared Toh, Netflix sensation Tosh Zhang, Italian rapper Laioung, and famed Singaporean photographer Daryl Aiden.