Shoes best for road, track and light gravel. See the best road shoes.
Shoes best for trail, off road, mountains and other unstable surfaces. See the best trail shoes.
Good to know
As long as you stick to the road or path, and if you want just one running shoe, buy a road running shoe.
Neutral / cushion / high arch
Shoes for runners who does not need any additional arch support (Around 50% of runners). Best for people with high or medium high arches. See the best neutral shoes.
Stability / overpronation / normal arch
Shoes for runners who needs arch support (Around 45% of runners). Best for runners with a normal arch. See the best stability shoes.
Motion control / severe overproanation / flat feet
Shoes for runners who needs a lot of arch support. Best for runners with flat feet. See the best motion control shoes.
Good to know
Cushioned shoes for your daily easy running. Great comfort. See best shoes for daily running.
Lightweight shoes good for races, interval training, tempo runs and fartlek. Here are the best competition running shoes.
Good to know
If you want just one pair of shoes, buy a shoe for daily running.
The height difference from the heel to the forefoot, also known as heel drop, toe spring, heel to toe spring or simply drop.
There are many opinions about what a good heel drop is. We do not recommend any in particular. Lean more in this video.
Experts are running shoe geeks, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
0 / 100 based on 0 expert reviews
These are visual presentations, not reviews
Adidas EQT Support 93/16 History
The EQT Support 93/16 is an amalgamation of several technological influences that represents the best of Adidas in terms of performance. One is the technically-advanced Adidas EQT Support trainers, an offshoot of the EQT Guidance, which traces back in the 1990s that’s meant to propel runners to perform better. Another is the brand’s trademark midsole innovation dubbed as Boost technology, which has captivated the global market with its enticing cushioning capabilities.
In the Adidas language, “equipment” refers to the athletes’ most important tool that push them to achieve maximum performance in whatever sports they’re in. It’s their footwear. Which is why even before the inception of this sporting goods company, its founder Adolf “Adi” Dassler was obsessed in formulating and manufacturing the best sports shoe, an athlete’s most indispensable equipment.
EQT, short for “equipment” is one of the breakthrough concepts of Adidas launched in 1991 that incorporated Adi’s philosophy and represents the best in the brand in terms of performance. Under this sports line that initially opened doors to runners is the EQT Guidance trainer in 1993. This is made of various shoe construction improvements like the trademark Torsion System in the outsole and a unique lacing system.
The green and gray upper is a combination of leather, fabric mesh, and suede materials that said to make the EQT Guidance extremely breathable. Its rubber outsole is shock-resistant and durable. For the lacing system, it made use of rings and loops to fasten the shoe lacing.
In 2010, several contrasting materials and colors for the upper started to come out. From various colorways with complementary textiles and synthetic suede uppers to technical upgrades on the tongue, lace system, and Torsion technology for the sole.
In 2016, Adidas dropped the Adidas EQT Support 93/16 a retro of the classic profile in a sleek cover that carries with it the high-performance trademarks of the brand. This shoe integrated the company’s proprietary Boost technology to provide optimum energy return and cushioning support. This highly advanced engineering that can withstand high impact and survive in different temperatures is the backbone of other much-sought models of Adidas like the EnergyBOOST, PureBOOST, and the most glorified of them all, the Yeezy Boost 750.
Adidas EQT Support 93/16 Style
The Adidas EQT Support 93/16 low-cut profile retains its spot on the track as this sneaker is ideal to pair with joggers, and shorts while training for personal best. Its charming cover is also recognized among sneaker enthusiasts as it goes well with skinnies, trousers, leggings, and dresses. A go-to sneaker with multipurpose abilities.
Fit & Sizing
The Adidas EQT Support 93/16 provides a fairly loose opening for the foot with its semi-slip on characteristics associated with its “burrito” or split tongue construction that’s partly attached to the collar. It has a standard lacing system attached to the ribbon branding on the side panels which offers a personalized fit. The shoe is available in men’s sizes and in medium width. The size availability ranges from 7 to 13 US.
The DNA of the classic 1993 EQT trainer has captivated a wide audience to the point of pulling Adidas from the brink of bankruptcy during that time. The famed men’s running shoe gets a fresher form with the fusion of the full-length Boost technology and Torsion System in its sole unit in 2016, which adds up to its allure and keeps its prominence among sneaker and running enthusiasts. The improved Adidas EQT Support 93/16 with all its inherent performance capabilities fits well on the track and on the streets.
- The Boost technology, which was initially created for running shoes, offers one of the highest energy returns in the business.
- The Boost technology is a specially crafted foam granules known as energy capsules, which are transformed to a compact Styrofoam-looking midsole which is soft to the touch. Not only can the Boost foam withstand force, but extreme temperature as well, as opposed to the EVA foam.
- The Torsion System is a heated synthetic resin which is a durable component for the outsole situated between the heel and forefoot.
- The original EQT trainer was designed by Peter Moore.
- Apart from the traditional colorway of green, black, gray, white combo, a series of white uppers were dropped in 2016: white mesh, white netted construction and triple white.
- The vintage silhouette was dressed in a number of ways through collaborations with the following: Concepts for the Sage and Black/White combo; BAIT for the Triple White variation with Primeknit upper; Avenue for the textured aniline leather with woven detailing.The EQT Support 93/16 is not customizable via the miadidas platform.
- A special silhouette was dropped in time for the opening of the Year of the Rooster in 2017 called the Chinese New Year edition with a tonal beige base. This shoe has a tri-color rooster embroidery on the heel and a hangtag of the same image. The insole is printed with tiles of mahjong, a traditional Chinese game. Some of the pairs were encased in commemorative wooden boxes.
- Celebrities who are seen wearing variations of the EQT running shoes: American rapper Pusha T, American actor John Christopher Reilly, American rappers Waka Flock and DJ Whookid, Singaporean artist Jared Toh, Netflix sensation Tosh Zhang, Italian rapper Laioung, and famed Singaporean photographer Daryl Aiden.