Experts are sneaker fanatics, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
The Adidas EQT Running Support 93 Tokyo is a unisex kick that comes in men's sizes, which range from 3 to 15. Ladies who fancy a pair should go one size down from their regular shoe size. This kick runs half a size bigger than usual. Lastly, its wraparound tongue provides a more lockdown fit and prevents the tongue from moving out of place.
Displaying the classic EQT silhouette, this kick’s fresh, vibrant blue and white colorway offers something new to the range’s fans. It exudes a fun yet retro vibe that could easily be matched with multiple ensembles while also adding oomph to it. Joggers, cuffed jeans, and cropped trousers are some of the key pieces that could show off this kick’s style. Ladies can play it up with shorts, leggings, skirts, or dresses for a more feminine look.
With a classic low-top silhouette bathe in a striking color, the Adidas EQT Running Support 93 Tokyo will capture both long-time fans' and strangers' attention. Its bright blue pigskin suede upper also provides a luxurious touch to the overall design while white accents offer a nice break to the nearly monochromatic look. Apart from its color being inspired by Bob Hayes' footwear in the Tokyo Olympic games, the Japanese flag is placed at the heel as another detail serving as an ode to the Japanese city.
Introduced in 1991, the EQT line was created with the goal of providing footwear to runners that acted as a piece of equipment that aids in enhancing the athlete's performance. The Equipment range did this by purposefully stripping away anything and everything unnecessary. As EQT's slogan goes "everything that is essential and nothing that is not," the brand released a streamlined pair with only the necessities – far from the 90's bold and vibrant sneaker designs.
The brand released the Adidas EQT Cushion 93. Its design took inspiration from the ZX Series and came clad in a never-before-seen sub green colorway that ultimately became the range's signature color.
As the 90s progressed, the EQT line slowly faded into the background, but just like any other great sneaker in history, the EQT was eventually resurrected. After a series of retros between the years 2014 to 2016, Adidas re-introduced the EQT range in its entirety in 2017.
Today the EQT line houses a decent amount of sneaker models, one of them being the Adidas EQT Running Support 93 Tokyo. This blue and white colorway was released in 2016 and is the second time this shoe model chose Japan's capital city as inspiration. The first one was released in 2014 and displays the original EQT colorway.
This kick launched in 2017 and serves as a commemoration to the American sprinter Robert "Bob" Lee Hays who competed in the 1964 Olympic games in Tokyo. It is inspired by the Adidas Tokyo 64 Spikes he wore in the Olympic sprint event.
- This kick is part of a larger "Marathon Collection," which includes other countries that also competed in the Olympics' running events. This includes Dublin, London, and Hamburg to name a few.
- It comes with an extra pair of laces.
- The insoles are detachable.
- Underneath the Japanese flag are stars with one colored in, which represents the first release of 6 from the collection.
- Gold accents are placed on the tongue while a blue accent is found on the rear of the midsole.
- A combination of the TPU cage and a leather heel cup provide added lockdown and stability.
- Both the tongue and collar are padded for added comfort and cushioning.
- The tongue is crafted from a mesh material.
- Metal tabs are placed on each shoe's lace-up system, and the words "Support" and "Tokyo" are engraved on them.