Adidas Energy Bounce 2.0
Best price from 54 shops
We earn affiliate commissions at no extra cost to you when you buy through us.
76% say it's true to size.
Out of stock in all 54 shopsAdidas running shoes
Overview of this review
Good to know
- The change that’s immediately apparent in the Energy Bounce 2.0 is actually its look and design. Its façade is very much different from its predecessor. Now, it has a more casual look, keeping the design and color scheme as minimalistic as possible.
- While the sole unit of the previous version looked thicker, this one has a stripped-down platform. It was designed to fulfill a minimalistic shoe purpose, making sure that the sole unit isn’t too high, thus ensuring more flexibility and responsiveness.
- Ventilation and comfort are provided by the mesh upper, but the addition of mesh lining in the interior of this running shoe heightens the breathable support afforded for the foot.
- The heel area of the foot is kept in place by a Molded Heel Cap, an added feature that prevents accidental slips and shoe-removals.
- The rubber outsole of the Bounce 2.0 was designed to provide traction over the roads, but it was also made to provide natural flexibility for the foot. It is responsive enough to allow more natural freedom of movement.
The 2nd version of the Energy Bounce is true to its size. It was created to accommodate a variety of foot types. The semi-curved design follows the natural curvature of the human foot. It can accommodate runners who have a medium-sized forefoot, mid-foot and heel areas.
The Rubber compound used in the outsole unit offers protection from wear and abrasion. It’s sturdy yet responsive to the movements of the foot. It also delivers efficient traction on the roads, preventing any slips.
Flexibility is afforded by the anatomically placed Flex Grooves. They allow the wearer to move the foot more naturally, making it versatile for a variety of activities, from exercises to casual walks.
The BOUNCE mid-sole technology makes use of structured elements that provide a springy quality for this full-length foam. These small elements stretch when pressure is applied to them and then pop back in place when that pressure is removed. Essentially, every lift-off of the foot when running becomes more explosive and responsive.
The mesh material found on the upper is a thin material that’s strong and resilient. The fabric itself has spaces in between, allowing air to seamlessly enter the shoe and provide a well-ventilated environment for the foot. The interior lining is also made from breathable mesh, making the interior as comfortable as possible for the wearer.
Synthetic overlays give support to the foot. These added components in the medial and lateral sides are connected directly to the lacing system. When the shoelaces are adjusted they follow suit, affecting the upper unit to the preference of the wearer.
A Molded Heel Cap is an efficient way to encase the rear section of the foot and keep it in place. It’s a component that’s helpful because there isn’t much padding on the tongue and collar, so its job is to lock the heel down and prevent slippage.