Neutral / cushion / high arch
Shoes for runners who do not need any additional arch support (Around 50% of runners). Best for people with normal, high or medium high arches. See the best neutral shoes.
Stability / overpronation / normal arch
Shoes for runners who need mild to moderate arch support (Around 45% of runners). Best for runners with a low arch. See the best stability shoes.
Motion control / severe overpronation / flat feet
Shoes for runners who needs a lot of arch support. Best for runners with flat feet. See the best motion control shoes.
Good to know
Cushioned shoes for your daily easy running. Great comfort. See best shoes for daily running.
Lightweight shoes good for races, interval training, tempo runs and fartlek. Here are the best competition running shoes.
Good to know
If you want just one pair of shoes, buy a shoe for daily running.
WeightMen: 9.7ozWomen: 9.7oz
Heel to toe dropMen: 10mmWomen: 10mm
The height difference from the heel to the forefoot, also known as heel drop, toe spring, heel to toe spring or simply drop.
There are many opinions about what a good heel drop is. We do not recommend any in particular. Lean more in this video.
WidthMen: NormalWomen: Normal
Release dateJan 2016
Experts are runners, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
- The change that’s immediately apparent in the Energy Bounce 2.0 is actually its look and design. Its façade is very much different from its predecessor. Now, it has a more casual look, keeping the design and color scheme as minimalistic as possible.
- While the sole unit of the previous version looked thicker, this one has a stripped-down platform. It was designed to fulfill a minimalistic shoe purpose, making sure that the sole unit isn’t too high, thus ensuring more flexibility and responsiveness.
- Ventilation and comfort are provided by the mesh upper, but the addition of mesh lining in the interior of this running shoe heightens the breathable support afforded for the foot.
- The heel area of the foot is kept in place by a Molded Heel Cap, an added feature that prevents accidental slips and shoe-removals.
- The rubber outsole of the Bounce 2.0 was designed to provide traction over the roads, but it was also made to provide natural flexibility for the foot. It is responsive enough to allow more natural freedom of movement.
The 2nd version of the Energy Bounce is true to its size. It was created to accommodate a variety of foot types. The semi-curved design follows the natural curvature of the human foot. It can accommodate runners who have a medium-sized forefoot, mid-foot and heel areas.
The Rubber compound used in the outsole unit offers protection from wear and abrasion. It’s sturdy yet responsive to the movements of the foot. It also delivers efficient traction on the roads, preventing any slips.
Flexibility is afforded by the anatomically placed Flex Grooves. They allow the wearer to move the foot more naturally, making it versatile for a variety of activities, from exercises to casual walks.
The BOUNCE mid-sole technology makes use of structured elements that provide a springy quality for this full-length foam. These small elements stretch when pressure is applied to them and then pop back in place when that pressure is removed. Essentially, every lift-off of the foot when running becomes more explosive and responsive.
The mesh material found on the upper is a thin material that’s strong and resilient. The fabric itself has spaces in between, allowing air to seamlessly enter the shoe and provide a well-ventilated environment for the foot. The interior lining is also made from breathable mesh, making the interior as comfortable as possible for the wearer.
Synthetic overlays give support to the foot. These added components in the medial and lateral sides are connected directly to the lacing system. When the shoelaces are adjusted they follow suit, affecting the upper unit to the preference of the wearer.
A Molded Heel Cap is an efficient way to encase the rear section of the foot and keep it in place. It’s a component that’s helpful because there isn’t much padding on the tongue and collar, so its job is to lock the heel down and prevent slippage.