Neutral / cushion / high arch
Shoes for runners who do not need any additional arch support (Around 50% of runners). Best for people with normal, high or medium high arches. See the best neutral shoes.
Stability / overpronation / normal arch
Shoes for runners who need mild to moderate arch support (Around 45% of runners). Best for runners with a low arch. See the best stability shoes.
Motion control / severe overpronation / flat feet
Shoes for runners who needs a lot of arch support. Best for runners with flat feet. See the best motion control shoes.
Good to know
Cushioned shoes for your daily easy running. Great comfort. See best shoes for daily running.
Lightweight shoes good for races, interval training, tempo runs and fartlek. Here are the best competition running shoes.
Good to know
If you want just one pair of shoes, buy a shoe for daily running.
Heel to toe dropWomen: 15mm
The height difference from the heel to the forefoot, also known as heel drop, toe spring, heel to toe spring or simply drop.
There are many opinions about what a good heel drop is. We do not recommend any in particular. Lean more in this video.
Heel heightWomen: 30mm
Forefoot heightWomen: 15mm
Updates to Adidas Edge Lux 3
- Formerly, the tongue on the second version of the Adidas Edge Lux had a loop attached on the tip to allow runners to slip into the shoe easily. With this new version, taking the place of the loop is a longer tip on the tongue which runners can pull on when wearing the running shoe.
- The entire upper was revamped for a more modern look. The heather mesh was swapped with stretch mesh to accommodate different foot shapes. The quarter panel was also redesigned to provide better support to the midfoot and heel.
- The shape of the heel was made rounder to cup the foot into place for better support and stability. Although it doesn't immobilize the heel totally, it steadies this part of the foot enough to allow the runner to move with confidence.
- A wider platform was introduced to the Adidas Edge Lux 3. With this feature, the runner can feel more stable as the foot lands on the ground. It can also aid the runner in toeing-off more efficiently.
- Previously, the forefoot area of the outsole was made with a combination of standard and Continental rubber. For the Edge Lux 3, the Continental rubber was replaced with the Adiwear rubber and was placed on the forefoot and the heel. This new rubber isn't as durable as the former one, but it effectively delivers durability and reliable traction.
Adidas Edge Lux 3 size and fit
The Adidas Edge Lux 3 was made specifically to cater to a woman's foot shape, based on the official Adidas website. Those who would like to get their own pair can make use of standard women's sizes both for the length and the width.
Just like the popular Adidas Duramo 9, the bottom of the shoe is made with two types of rubbers. On the forefoot and heel is the Adiwear rubber which is durable, non-marking, but still flexible. It was placed on high-wear areas to guarantee sufficient traction. The middle part of the outsole is made with standard rubber to make way for flexibility.
This Adidas running shoe's tread is made up of rectangular shapes of varying sizes. Each one is separated by flex lines and grooves that allow the outsole to bend, stretch, and flex with ease. The tread also provides most of the traction the shoe provides.
The midsole was created with Bounce Technology, a proprietary component of Adidas that was designed to provide lasting underfoot cushioning. It was made to be springier and more responsive than standard foams, with its components springing back to their original place and shape as the pressure is lifted from the shoe. The result is runners can experience slight forward propulsion which can enhance their running experience.
The upper is made up of stretch mesh. From its name, it can stretch out in every direction so it can easily accommodate different foot shapes. This material hugs the foot in all the right places, without giving the runner a feeling of constriction.
The midfoot saddle extends all the way to the heel and is connected to the lacing system. Tightening the laces will also tighten the fit on the midfoot and the heel. Aside from the providing support on the parts it covers, the saddle also delivers structural integrity to the stretch mesh upper.
The Adidas Edge Lux 3 has a traditional lace-up closure. The laces, however, are wider than usual. Shoes with wide laces are more secure when tied. They don't easily unravel even if the runner is reaching top speeds or vigorously moving.
The tongue is attached to the shoe which helps deliver a more secure fit. The tip can be used as a pull tab because it has been extended. Runners can easily slip into the shoe by pulling on the tip of the tongue to easily slip their foot in.
For a better in-shoe feel, a breathable lining was added. The lining material is soft. As it comes in contact with the skin, it doesn't cause hotspots or sore spots from friction. Also enhancing the inside feel of the shoe is the removable foam insole. It acts as an extra layer of cushioning and protection.