Crafted with mesh and suede, this attractive casual shoe ensures to surround your feet in comfort while providing sufficient support. The Adidas Dragon OG is offered in men’s sizes. Women can still take advantage of its aesthetics by sizing up.
Treat your feet by surrounding it with comfort while keeping it cool with the low-top Adidas Dragon OG. Made of breathable micro mesh upper overlaid with suede, it is perceived by many as a great summer shoe for both men and women. It is also perfect for everyday wear.
Its casual design, not to mention its visually-attractive colorways, look great in various outfits. Rock this shoe with skinny jeans, cargo pants, tracksuits, shorts and dresses and complete your look in a snap.
A significant number of Adidas classics have been graced with the serrated three stripes insignia. The Dragon OG is among those who have been blessed with this iconic look. Its silhouette, though, is noticed easily from the rest. Displaying a famous T-toe cap and toe bumper, its look is completed with the addition of the gold “Adidas Dragon” logo on the quarter panel.
Initially made with a clean forefront, the Adidas Dragon was among the first runners to flaunt a nylon upper. Produced in 1971, this model instantly became a crowd favorite on and off the track.
As it is, it already looked great. The brand, however, saw the need to update its design by adding a T-toe cap. Apart from the toe cap, a textured rubber toe bumper was also attached, making the shoe’s silhouette all the more eye-catching. Launched in the year 1976, the revamped version drew the attention of reggae artists as well as devoted rock and roll enthusiasts.
Elements of the Dragon’s impressive design was later on adopted by other Adidas models, the French release Achille included. Not only that, it also influenced the design of newer footwear products like the Adidas Flashback.
A familiar silhouette to many, the Dragon has been released several times in the past in different color schemes. In August 2016, however, Adidas thought it was high time for this shoe to undergo another transformation. Aiming to expand their target market, this lightweight runner morphed into a lifestyle shoe and was offered in two stunning colorways namely collegiate green and power red.
This street-ready reissue, dubbed as the “Adidas Dragon OG”, remained true to its roots and kept the classic look intact. Slight alterations were made only to improve the shoe’s look and feel. One noticeable change can be seen on the soles. Thicker compared to its predecessor, it promises to provide all-day comfort underfoot.
Various colorways have been launched since its evolution. The most recent versions debuted in October 2017. Flaunting a micro mesh/suede upper, the shoe was donned in black as well as clear brown and was sold only by a select number of retailers.
- Consumers are provided the option to customize their kicks. For a small increase in the price, they can add a name, team, badge, flag or number on both the right and left shoe.
- The heel patch as well as the “three-stripes” on the lateral and medial side are made of synthetic leather.
- Comfort is enhanced with the addition of mesh lining and the OrthoLite® sockliner.
- The Adidas Dragon OG features a die-cut EVA midsole which provides improved cushioning. Its gum outsole with aggressive traction pattern offers enhanced grip on various surfaces.
- Secure and snug fit is achieved with the help of the lace-up closure. This includes flat laces.
- Renowned “Adidas Trefoil” logo can be found on the tongue and heel patch for branding.