Adidas D Rose 11: The awaited comeback
It's no secret that Derrick Rose and his line of D Rose kicks have been sidetracked because of unfortunate injuries on the court. Adidas and Rose make his on-court comeback felt with the release of the D Rose 11. This shoe specifically offers the following:
- Reliable traction. The rubber outsole features a pattern that the D Rose 7 had, and it provides heightened grip and durability
- Lightweight explosiveness. The shoe's Adizero upper and Lightstrike cushion work together to ensure speed and precise ball control on the court.
- Maximum support. The shoe has a wide base and an extended heel counter to provide support even for the most aggressive cuts and twists.
Noteworthy colorways of the D Rose 11
Like other signature shoes from Adidas and other brands, the D Rose 11 is released in special colorways that pay tribute to special people and events in Derrick Rose's life. The following are some of the most interesting releases:
- Boardwalk, which is a mint green version with tan and pink accents. This references D Rose's offseason training sessions in Southern California. This colorway was first applied on the fourth D Rose.
- Brenda, which is a largely red version that pays tribute to both his mother Brenda and his Chicago Bulls roots
- Career High, which is white with gold, green, and purple accents. The accents pay tribute to the Utah Jazz, the team that Rose's Minnesota Timberwolves defeated in a 2018 game where he scored his career-high 50 points.