Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
CollectionAdidas Copa, Adidas Tango
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
Features of the Adidas Copa Tango 18.4 Turf
- The turf variation of the Adidas Copa Tango 18.4 is made out of synthetic leather. The leather vamp offers a snug fit that can be customized through the standard lacing system.
- Aesthetically speaking, this 2018 model of the Copa Tango has a close resemblance to its previous version. The embossed lines across the toe box , an update to this model, are control elements that aid in shot accuracy.
- The fold-over tongue brings this football boot the Copa signature look. It conceals a portion of the laces and enhances comfort from the inside. The tongue’s location is identically similar to its indoor counterpart, the Copa Tango 18.4 Indoor.
- The Copa Tango 18.4 uses a rubber outsole fit for short-bladed synthetic grass. Its multiple knobs aid in adapting to turf surfaces to avoid any unwanted slippages.
Fit and Sizing
The Copa Tango 18.4 Turf from Adidas is available in standard men’s sizes. The synthetic leather leaves a form-fitting sensation that might be a bit tight for those with regular foot width. Users highly recommend going for a half size or one size larger when purchasing these football boots.
Similar to most turf shoes, The base of the Adidas Copa Tango 18.4 is made from rubber. Rubber is popularly known to provide the best traction for turf grounds. It works best on short-bladed synthetic fibers for both indoor and outdoor courts. Optimized traction is also made possible through the rubber knobs densely arranged at the soleplate. Circular and oval-shaped knobs are scattered throughout the outsole to give players the best control of the ground up to the roughest moments of the game.
There may not have been significant updates to the Copa Tango 18.4 turf, but it still brings beneficial features to both amateur and professional footballers. One of which is the Control embossing prominently seen on the toe box. Unlike its previous version, these football boot’s toe box lines have a textured quality that aids in ball control.
Similar to its predecessor, the upper material used for this football boot is synthetic leather. It delivers the same comfort quality that of authentic leather, but it does not require too much maintenance. A snug fit is expected from this synthetic material. However, it can be customized with the help of the central lace-up closure. A portion of these laces is covered by a classic fold-over tongue which offers a signature Copa look to this cleat.
- An indoor variation of Adidas Copa Tango 18.4 is also available.
- This turf football boot is offered in the following colorways: White/Core Black/Tactile Gold Metallic, Metallic Silver/Core Black/Football Blue
- The Adidas Copa Tango 18.4 TF is available in junior’s version.