Experts are soccer players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
- The turf variation of the Adidas Copa Tango 18.4 is made out of synthetic leather. The leather vamp offers a snug fit that can be customized through the standard lacing system.
- Aesthetically speaking, this 2018 model of the Copa Tango has a close resemblance to its previous version. The embossed lines across the toe box , an update to this model, are control elements that aid in shot accuracy.
- The fold-over tongue brings this soccer cleat the Copa signature look. It conceals a portion of the laces and enhances comfort from the inside. The tongue’s location is identically similar to its indoor counterpart, the Copa Tango 18.4 Indoor.
- The Copa Tango 18.4 uses a rubber outsole fit for short-bladed synthetic grass. Its multiple knobs aid in adapting to turf surfaces to avoid any unwanted slippages.
The Copa Tango 18.4 Turf from Adidas is available in standard men’s sizes. The synthetic leather leaves a form-fitting sensation that might be a bit tight for those with regular foot width. Users highly recommend going for a half size or one size larger when purchasing these soccer cleats.
Similar to most turf shoes, The base of the Adidas Copa Tango 18.4 is made from rubber. Rubber is popularly known to provide the best traction for turf grounds. It works best on short-bladed synthetic fibers for both indoor and outdoor courts. Optimized traction is also made possible through the rubber knobs densely arranged at the soleplate. Circular and oval-shaped knobs are scattered throughout the outsole to give players the best control of the ground up to the roughest moments of the game.
There may not have been significant updates to the Copa Tango 18.4 turf, but it still brings beneficial features to both amateur and professional soccerers. One of which is the Control embossing prominently seen on the toe box. Unlike its previous version, these soccer cleat’s toe box lines have a textured quality that aids in ball control.
Similar to its predecessor, the upper material used for this soccer cleat is synthetic leather. It delivers the same comfort quality that of authentic leather, but it does not require too much maintenance. A snug fit is expected from this synthetic material. However, it can be customized with the help of the central lace-up closure. A portion of these laces is covered by a classic fold-over tongue which offers a signature Copa look to this cleat.
- An indoor variation of Adidas Copa Tango 18.4 is also available.
- This turf soccer cleat is offered in the following colorways: White/Core Black/Tactile Gold Metallic, Metallic Silver/Core Black/Football Blue
- The Adidas Copa Tango 18.4 TF is available in junior’s version.