Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
CollectionAdidas Copa, Adidas Tango
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
92 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
The kangaroo leather is soft and flexible and it gets softer and more flexible as you wear them in. i like the one-piece construction. I do find the tongue flap to be a little annoying but there’s not much you can do about it. Technically, you can fold it over and tie the laces on top but I just think that looks weird and makes for more bulk. So I’d rather just leave it up, but again that’s more of a personal preference thing. As far as width is concerned, they have a decent amount of width to them to the point that they’d fit just about anybody. The fit in the length is true to size. I can definitely recommend them.
Features of the Adidas Copa Tango 18.1 Turf
- The Adidas Copa Tango 18.1 Turf is one of the best examples where old-school style meets modern innovations. It may look like the classic Copa Mundial at first glance, but when you dissect it part by part, you will see that it is one of the most modern football boots Adidas has ever put out.
- Probably the only feature that this football boot has in common with classic football boots such as the Adidas Mundial Goal is its premium leather upper. Designed to provide supreme comfort and ball touch, the Adidas Copa Tango 18.1 Turf clearly did not disappoint.
- The Compression Inner Sock serves as the football boot’s tongue. This technology is made of flexible materials that wrap the midfoot for a secure lockdown.
- An integrated X-ray vamp cage replaces the upper stitching on the previous Copa Tango model. It is effective in providing structure on the toe box area while also keeping the foot locked in place.
- The Ortholite sockliner and foam heel pads are added to the Adidas Copa Tango 18.1 Turf. Together with the Boost cushioning system, these innovations are helpful in providing excellent in-shoe comfort.
Fit and sizing
The kangaroo leather upper of the Adidas Copa Tango 18.1 Turf stretches and follows the shape of the foot after the break-in period. Therefore, it is recommended for players who have normal to slightly wide feet. On the other hand, the lockdown from the dual lace holes also makes this football boot suitable for those who have narrow feet.
The Adidas Copa Tango 18.1 Turf features a high-quality rubber studded outsole that provides excellent traction on artificial turf playing surfaces.
The Boost cushioning system is found underneath the heel of the Adidas Copa Tango 18.1 Turf. This revolutionary technology is effective in releasing and returning the energy when the foot strikes the surface. Thus, the player is kept comfortable all throughout the 90-minute game.
The upper of the Adidas Copa Tango 18.1 Turf is made up of two different materials, premium kangaroo leather in the forefoot and fabric material in the rear. The soft and supple upper offers excellent comfort and a glove-like fit.
A supportive Compression Inner Sock creates a one-piece sensation for a sock-like fit and a consistent level of touch on the ball. It is made out of Primeknit that offers a compressed yet flexible fit in the midfoot and heel areas.
Greater ball control is also achieved with the help of the integrated X-ray vamp cage. This technology replaces the usual stitching on the upper. It creates an additional structure in the toe box that is helpful in reducing ball slippage. It also helps the leather retain its shape.
Thanks to the breathable Ortholite sock liner and foam heel pads, the Adidas Copa Tango 18.1 Turf provides a cushioned ride on turf fields (TF).
This football boot has an internal heel counter that keeps the ankle locked in place while the player does quick cuts and changes of direction. It also has a dual lace hole system that also aids in the shoe’s overall lockdown.
An extra piece of suede material covers the toe box area of this football boot. It protects this part of the shoe against the harsh playing surfaces.
- The Adidas Copa Tango 18.1 Turf weighs 10.6 ounces.
- Football enthusiasts can have this football boot personalized with their names for an affordable fee.