Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
CollectionAdidas Copa, Adidas Tango
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
90 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
Whether you are looking for your next weekender shoe or are in need of a new indoor specific boot, the Adidas Copa Tango 18.1 TR is a shoe that oozes street credibility. We are talking of an iconic look, modern innovation, pure class in all the right areas, immediate respect.
- The iconic-looking Adidas Copa Tango 18.1 Trainers boasts several modern innovations in its construction. Beginning with the upper, it is made out of a premium Taurus leather material. Softness, durability, water-resistance and a thin composition (which lends way to a finer ball touch) are some of the characteristics that this leather-type can offer its wearers.
- Paired with the upper’s construction is the X-ray vamp cage which allows for a better touch for the ball. The fold over tongue aids stability while a central lacing system gives way for fit personalization.
- Additionally, the sockliner is created with an Ortholite material that prevents humidity and bacterial growth.
- Midsole cushioning comes in the form of Adidas’ Boost. Initially used in running shoes, this material proves to be a useful feature for football boots as it not only provides cushioning for the foot, it also maximizes a wearer’s energy return after each step.
- The outsole is designed to maximize traction for indoor courts as well as street.
The Adidas Copa Tango 18.1 football ball provides a comfortable fit brought about by its soft and thin premium Taurus leather upper. The shoe is available in men’s sizes, ranging from 6.5 to 13.5. A central lacing system which is similar to the Adidas Copa Mundial Goal and the Adidas Samba Classic provides the wearers the ability to customize the fit while the tongue optimizes boot stability.
It is essential to note that most of the shoe’s reviews indicated that the shoe is one size larger. So, for the best possible fit, it is recommended to go for a size smaller.
The premium Taurus (also known as calfskin) leather that serves as the upper of the Adidas Copa Tango 18.1 Trainers has a lot to offer its wearers. This leather is known for being soft, especially when the material is properly broken in. Durability and water-resistance are also key characteristics of this material. The thinness of the upper gives way to better ball touch.
Another technology used in this cleat’s construction is the X-Ray vamp cage which maximizes ball control.
A foldover tongue that enhances boot stability is integrated into the central lacing system. While introduced by Adidas as a foldover tongue, the material tends to flip up against the ankle area. This quirk, however, seems to be more of a benefit than a hindrance as it makes for a snugger fitting football boot much to the convenience of its users.
Internal foam heel pads placed in the lining of the collar help improve the shoe’s comfort as well as fit.
The Ortholite sockliner staves off humidity, hence, preventing bacterial growth.
Boost has been used as the cushioning system for the Adidas Copa Tango 18.1 football boot. This cushioning system is designed to enhance responsiveness, optimizing bounce after every step.
The outsole of this model consists of a rubber-based material designed to work on indoor courts or street surfaces. Diamond-shaped patterns with tiny studs are used to provide traction. The geometric designs reveal the Boost foam from the midsole.
Adidas Copa 18 ‘Spectral Mode’
The Spectral Mode pack features pastel colorways for several football boot collections. Other Silos that sport this color palette include the Adidas Predator, which makes use of a pale pink hue with a gold sheen finish; the Adidas X 18, which makes use of a ghostly white shade; a grey Adidas Nemeziz 18; the Adidas Nemeziz Messi 18 with an unusual blue shade; and the Adidas Copa 18, which is made turquoise with splashes of gold.
The Adidas Copa Tango 18.1 Trainers is available in several colorways including:
- Core Black/ Utility Black
- Core Black/ Tactile Gold Metallic
- Core Black/ Cloud White/ Real Coral
- The shoe weighs 10 ounces.