Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
CollectionAdidas Copa, Adidas Tango
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
92 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
The kangaroo leather is soft and flexible and it gets softer and more flexible as you wear them in. i like the one-piece construction. I do find the tongue flap to be a little annoying but there’s not much you can do about it. Technically, you can fold it over and tie the laces on top but I just think that looks weird and makes for more bulk. So I’d rather just leave it up, but again that’s more of a personal preference thing. As far as width is concerned, they have a decent amount of width to them to the point that they’d fit just about anybody. The fit in the length is true to size. I can definitely recommend them but there are other more solid indoor football boots out there.
Features of the Adidas Copa Tango 18.1 Indoor
- The Adidas Copa Tango 18.1 Indoor is the modern incarnation of the classic Adidas Copa Mundial. It features a premium K-leather upper that is soft enough to follow the foot’s shape. Other classic football boots also use K-leather for the upper such as the popular Adidas Mundial Goal.
- This football boot has a fold-over tongue which is iconic to Adidas heritage football boots. Suede wrapping can also be found in the front part of the shoe. It is necessary to protect the thin leather material in the toe area.
- For additional comfort and enhanced ball control, the Adidas Copa Tango 18.1 Indoor has an integrated X-ray vamp cage. The Boost technology also provides extra comfort as a midsole cushion, especially in the heel area.
- An Ortholite sockliner is present in this indoor football boot. This technology adds to the comfort and performance levels of the shoe.
Fit and sizing
Because the Adidas Copa Tango 18.1 Indoor uses a leather upper, it is expected that it will stretch in width and form to the shape of the foot over time. This football boot is available in sizes 6.5 to 13.
The outsole of the Adidas Copa Tango 18.1 Indoor uses a durable rubber. This lightweight material is non-abrasive and responsive, especially on indoor court surfaces.
Another excellent innovation found on this indoor football boot is the Boost technology. This midsole cushioning system improves the player’s ability to push off the ground. It is made up of small capsules that compress under pressure and bounce back to its original shape when pressure is released.
Simply put, the Boost system offers enhanced shock absorption as the foot strikes the surface and returns more energy as the foot pushes off the ground.
The upper of the Adidas Copa Tango 18.1 Indoor is made up of two different materials. The front part uses high-quality kangaroo leather, while the rear part is made of synthetic material. Together, the upper does a good job in providing excellent comfort and a glove-like fit.
A modern feature added to this indoor football boot is the integrated X-ray vamp cage. This technology replaces the usual stitching in the forefoot. It provides an enhanced ball control and prevents slippage. Likewise, it aids in preventing the shoe from overstretching.
The knitted tongue and foam pads located in the heel area offers excellent support and comfort, especially around the Achilles tendon.
- The Adidas Copa Tango 18.1 Indoor can be personalized for a minimal fee.
- For superior cushioning and comfort, the Adidas Copa Tango 18.1 Indoor uses a breathable and durable material called the Ortholite sockliner.