Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
86 / 100 based on 10 expert reviews
The Copa really does form to your foot perfectly and really makes that shoe unique to your foot.
It's such a good-looking shoe, you almost don't wanna wear them.
If you're one of those people that struggles to find the proper fit and just don't find soccer shoes comfortable, the Copa Mundial is the solution to all your problems. It is the one shoe on the market that truly will fit all foot types and in terms of comfort, it really is again the industry standard in my opinion.
The Copa is the number one best option out there and has been for a number of years.
Features of the Adidas Copa Mundial Firm Ground
- There has not been a lot of updates in terms of the technology put into the Adidas Copa Mundial FG since it was released. Although the technology used in these football boots is dated, it makes up for the quality of materials used. This shoe is known for using 100% premium quality kangaroo leather. Needing little time to break in the pair, comfort is a given for these football boots even from out of the box.
- With the EVA Die Cut midsole, the pair provides a more natural feel by adapting to the shape of the foot. This allows for support while adding comfort. The football boots also have a synthetic lining.
- To provide a good mix of grip and maneuverability, Adidas incorporated a 12-stud design into this model.
- Lastly, the soccer cleats feature a central lacing system to secure it in place and a fold-over leather tongue.
Fit and sizing
The Adidas Copa Mundial runs a full size bigger, so it is recommended to get a size smaller for a better fit. These football boots run in men’s sizes 5 to 13. For women looking to order a pair, it is recommended to go down a size smaller.
Engineered for firm ground, the brand moulded twelve studs into this boot. It features four studs on the outer part of the sole, three studs in the inside and a middle one for support. All of the studs are of the same length; although the ones in the heel area are a bit larger which are designed for a better experience.
The Adidas Copa Mundial FG also features a dual-density outsole for a more cushioned experience.
The shoe features a full kangaroo leather upper that is considered as premium quality. The natural leather covers the forefoot, the midfoot and the heel area to give a uniform feel when wearing the shoe. Additionally, the natural leather provides an incredible fit and touch when striking the ball and ensures durability.
Special Colorways of the Adidas Copa Mundial Firm Ground
- Adidas Copa Mundial Samba Collection
Welcoming a fresher look for the Copa Mundial collection, the Samba collection exploded with vivid color combinations in celebration of the 2014 World Cup held in Brazil. Highly apparent for this limited edition release is its inspiration which is Samba and the Brazilian culture. Colorways available within this collection is the Blast Purple, Vivid Berry, Solar Blue, Solar Zest and Solar Slime.
- Adidas Copa Mundial ‘White’ Edition
Opting for a reversed white look, this basic look is anything but bare. Released in 2013 in preparation of game season, this limited edition Adidas Copa Mundial ‘White’ football boot sports a kangaroo leather upper just like its original counterpart. The detailing is colored in black which includes the three stripes’ logo, the studs, a part of the tongue and heel areas, and its laces.
- The Adidas Copa Mundial FG continues to be one of the top-selling soccer shoes today.
- These soccer cleats were specifically created for the 1982 World Cup in Spain.
- The creator, Adolf Dassler, failed to see its release because of his death in 1978.
- It is a little-known fact that there is a team of technicians in Germany that creates hand-crafted Adidas Copa Mundials.
- Legends in the football field including Franz Beckenbauer, Michel Platini, Zico, Lothar Matthaus, Kaka, Zinedine Zidane and a number of others sported the pair over the years.
- In 2013, Adidas reimagined these boots in white and did a special edition release. The next year, they had them in several colors (Solar Blue, Solar Slime, Solar Zest, Blast Purple, Vivid Berry) in honor of the FIFA World Cup held in Brazil.
- In 2017, ‘The Shoe Surgeon’ released a limited edition, reworked version of the Adidas Copa Mundial. Releasing only 25 pairs, the new model featured a new BOOST midsole and a transparent D Rose 7 gum sole.
- Some retailers offer the option to personalize your boots by adding your name and/ or flag on your cleats.