Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are soccer players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
87 / 100 based on 3 expert reviews
Not really that exciting in terms of the quality of the shoe especially for $110 retail price.
Overall, they are a really really nice pair of boots. I would definitely recommend. They are tad expensive if you don't play football like competitively but they are worth it.
In terms of performance, there is no doubt that the top tier Copa 17.1 is far superior from a performance perspective. The included compression tongue and K-leather upper just make them a better fitting boot on foot. But, in terms of value the Copa Gloro is one of the best options on the market. Plus that fold-over strap tongue might lure some fans in!
- Apparent with its unique name, the firm ground soccer cleat is considered to be a hybrid of the two iconic lines from Adidas - the Copa and the Gloro. The most valued elements from each series are merged into one firm ground soccer cleat, producing a one of a kind heritage cleat.
- The classic vibe starts off with the upper which features a Taurus full grain calf leather material. The natural leather is known for its water absorption and abrasion-resistant qualities, as opposed to the less water-resistant Kangaroo leather upper of soccer cleats such as the Nike Premier II Firm Ground, Copa 17.1 and the original Gloro cleat.
- To complete the old-school style of the low top soccer cleat, a flap tongue is installed above the central lacing system. The tongue features an elastic strap that can be wrapped around at any point on the soleplate, depending on one’s preference. It aids in adding more comfort from the midfoot and in enhancing ball touch by covering the laces.
- A deviation from the classic features is the flexible modern-looking plate designed with a translucent material. The semi-transparent polymer shows an outline of the Adidas World Cup cleat’s soleplate. It is composed of conical studs that work best in rotational maneuverability.
The Adidas Copa Gloro 17.2 FG is available in sizes ranging from 6 to 13.5 in men’s version only. The premium Taurus upper offers a comfortable sensation that would require longer break-in time. It is also important to note that the toe area runs small and tight according to the majority of users. It is recommended to go for one size up when purchasing these cleats.
The plate is made from TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) which allows for a flexible movement, especially around the toe area. The flex plate with full conical studs is built for push-off motions and change of directions.
Five conical studs line up both perimeters with one stud positioned in the center of the forefoot area. This configuration is identical to the Copa 17.1 firm ground cleats. The stud arrangement enhances rotational movements.
The Adidas Copa Gloro 17.2 Firm Ground offers a premium vamp sensation through the Taurus material. It is specifically a full grain calf leather that is ideal for rain or shine conditions due to its water absorption characteristic. The toe box area of the natural leather is designed with debossed stitches to avoid overstretching and to improve ball touch.
The symmetrical laces serve as the cleat’s fastening system along with the classic fold-over tongue on top. The tongue is extended with an elastic strap to do away with the unstable flapping. The strap can be stretched in different ways based on personal preference.
The low top soccer cleat has the Adidas stripes embroidered on both sides while the Copa trademark is printed on the heel area.
- The Copa Gloro 17.2 is available in the following colorways: Core Black- Infrared -Infrared, Core Black, Running White-Running White, Silver Metallic-Footwear White-Solar Red, Core Black-Energy Blue
- The Adidas Copa Gloro weighs 9.25 ounces.