Experts are soccer players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
93 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
In conclusion, these have kind of surprised me because I didn’t expect too much out of them especially when I saw that they weren’t going to kangaroo leather like the FG version of the 19.1. However, the quality of the leather, while there isn’t a lot of it, is still really really good. While I still don’t care for the burrito-style tongue, because of the slight tweak in the material, it’s soft enough and seem to wrap your foot nice enough to where the boots end up being really really comfortable. I quite like the way that they fit and feel. The overall midsole/outsole combo is also really good. It is an absolutely gorgeous looking boot. If you are looking for a more modern interpretation of the Copa Mundial Team, you’re gonna be really happy with the Turf version of the Copa 19.1.
- The Adidas Copa 19.1 Turf is a soccer cleat that is packed with modern innovations disguised in an old-school look. This soccer shoe is the turf variation of the top-tier Adidas Copa 19 lineup.
- This soccer cleat is dressed with a premium leather forefoot and a synthetic rear. These elements deliver a soft touch on the ball with superb comfort. The X-Ray vamp cage that is integrated into the upper also enhances a barefoot feel on the ball.
- Similar to the FG variation of the Copa 19.1, this turf soccer cleat also features a monotongue construction. It wraps around the foot for secure lock in and stability. Also, it promotes a sock-like experience all throughout the 90-minute game.
- A new feature found on these turf soccer cleats is the Bounce cushioning system in the midsole. This is best described as a firmer and heavier version of the Boost cushion. Because of that, it is effective in promoting stability on the pitch.
- The Adidas Copa 19.1 TF uses an abrasion-resistant outsole with several nubs. It offers excellent traction on artificial turf surfaces.
This soccer cleat is available in sizes 7 to 13 for men only. With the combination of leather and synthetic materials in the upper, the user can expect a little bit of stretch in the forefoot, but not so much in the midfoot. Therefore, the Copa 19.1 Turf is recommended for those who have narrow and slightly wide feet.
Two different materials make up the upper of the Adidas Copa 19.1 Turf - soft calfskin leather on the forefoot and mesh-based synthetic material in the rear.
The forefoot of the Copa 19.1 Turf uses calfskin leather as opposed to the kangaroo leather found on its FG counterpart. Despite that, it still provides a good level of comfort and touch on the ball.
The midfoot and heel areas of this soccer cleat use mesh-based synthetic material. It is thin, soft, and flexible enough to create an excellent in-shoe feel. Also, the internal padding found on both sides of the ankle further increases the comfort that this soccer shoe brings.
A signature element found on the Adidas Copa 19.1 Turf is the monotongue. This burrito-style construction allows this soccer cleat to have a sock-like fit. It also adapts to the foot for a secure lockdown.
Another innovation found on this soccer cleat is the Bounce cushioning system. In comparison to the usual Boost midsole, it is made of a firmer and heavier foam material. As a result, the soccer cleat provides more stability on the pitch.
The abrasive-resistant outsole of the Adidas Copa 19.1 Turf has multiple nubs on the surface. Its lug configuration provides excellent traction on artificial turf playing surfaces.
- The Adidas Copa 19.1 Turf is available in a firm ground (FG) variation.