Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
92 / 100 based on 11 expert reviews
I actually think the lockdown is quite decent, all things considered. Speaking of lockdown, while I just did compliment these, I will say this. If you are somebody that likes super locked-in, responsive sensation, these aren't for you. Laceless boots, in general, aren't for you. I have been somebody that has been highly critical of laceless boots ever since they came on to the scene a couple of years ago.
My main complaint with laceless boots is that you don't have that adjustability. It's kind of a predetermined shape and if your foot doesn't perfectly match that shape, you aren't necessarily gonna have the greatest fit and thre is no way to adjust it because of the laceless design. Now in the case of the Copa 19+, not only is it laceless but it also introduces Kangaroo leather, something that we haven't really seen that much of when it comes to laceless uppers.
There's something about this boot that just feels very, I guess, "at home" when they are on your feet. It's one of those boots that you kind of forget that you are wearing once you get used to the feel. The laceless design actually works to the benefit of this paricular concept that it's not overly tight, it's not overly responsive. It's kindof what you would expect from a more traditional boot like na OG Copa Mundial.
With the new breed of dynamic Copa player like juventus no 10, Paulo Dyabala, stamping their mark on modern football, it's important to consider directional changes and manueverability as a part of the Copa package. A newly designed Exoframe features a lightweigh TPU base and a stud configuration that uses seven rounded and semi-rounded forefoot studs to aid rotation and traction when pivoting sharply.
- What used to be a line of football boots associated with referees and the older generation has immensely transformed into a modern-looking cleat fit for millennials and oldies alike. The Copa 19 soccer shoes feature a unique yet still iconic silhouette with its leather and laceless combo in the form of Copa 19+ Firm Ground.
- The Adidas Copa 19+ Firm Ground is aesthetically different from its mother line, the Copa Mundial. However, engineers of this football boot claim to have sorted this out by retaining its classic quality through the use of premium Kangaroo leather for its upper. Only this time, the K-leather is silky and stitchless particularly in the forefoot which is molded in X-ray vamp cage. This forefoot design is meant to enhance ball control by decreasing ball slippage.
- The K-leather has also been configured to be 20% more effective when it comes to protecting the shoe from wet elements. It is applied with a leather treatment known as Fusionskin to lessen water absorption to make it even more durable and long-lasting.
- Seamlessly attached to the leather upper is the Primeknit collar that facilitates an adjustable entry to the foot. It has a stretchable and featherlight quality that optimizes the soccer shoe’s comfortability.
- The most distinct feature of this soccer cleat is its Purecut laceless sock design. The sock-like design offers a distraction-free control of the ball. Players do not have to worry about overlays and edges that might get in the way when taking a shot. Although not a typical Copa characteristic, the laceless forefoot assures of the classic touch power similar to the original Copa Mundial.
- For its base, the Adidas Copa 19+ Firm Ground is fitted with the Exoframe plate. Internally, it is composed of TPU Soft Pod inlays that enhances footbed cushioning, lessening the pressure from the studs. Outside is a unique configuration of semi-conical and conical studs that aids in rotational movements.
The Adidas Copa 19+ is available in sizes 7.5 to 12 in men’s version. The leather forefoot and stretchy collar make a good balance of fit that brings a secured feel even without the laces. It fits true to size.
The sock-like structure of this laceless football boots brings one of a kind fit experience for leather lovers. Not only does it improve lockdown with its adaptive leather quality, but it also brings in so much benefit for both amateur and professional footballers. One of which is its reduced water uptake made possible by the Fusionskin leather treatment.
The conspicuous forefoot pattern is integrated with the brand’s X-ray vamp cage to improve ball control for more accurate shots. The forefoot is attached to an elastic Primeknit collar that provides ease of entry for footballers even with wide feet. For those who want further assistance when putting the shoe on, a shoehorn is also included.
Semi-conical and conical studs are the stars of this football boot’s soleplate. They provide extra maneuverability during rotational directions. They are strategically positioned to mimic the classic Copa traction proven effective on firm ground pitches.
The Exoframe technology is used on the base to bring supportive grip on firm ground twist and turns. Coupled with soft pod inlays, the Exoframe guarantees comfort without the sensation of the stud pressure.
- Paulo Dybala is the face of Copa and is the only player in their team to wear a laceless soccer shoe.
- It is available in two colorways: Off White/Solar Red/Off White and Core Black/Core Black/Grey.